No Traffic

Guest ryanveal

Guest ryanveal

Dear All,

My partner and I have recently set up a site using the fabulously simple Cubecart system but we are not getting any traffic. any help would be really useful.

Thanks

The Novice

Dear All,

My partner and I have recently set up a site using the fabulously simple Cubecart system but we are not getting any traffic. any help would be really useful.

Thanks

The Novice

Hi,

I strongly recommend setting up a Froogle Feed.

One of my stores is selling mobile phone accessories, and until MSN & Google index my store, 90% of my orders come via Froogle.

Jason

Guest ryanveal

How long has your site been on line? It takes a minimum of 3 months to see any improvement.

It's about 3 months now have a look and let me know what you think www.insideoutdirect.co.uk. As I said I have no technical knowledge so it's just hit and hope.

Use the Overture Keyword Selector Tool (Google it) to see how many searches per day or month are being done for your key words. Then get suggestions for alternate key words. Get yourself a free Google Analytics account and paste the code into your index.tpl and cart.tpl so you can see 'who', 'where from' your visitors are and where they come from.

Engage in an active reciprocal back links program with sites that are relevant to yours. Do a Google search for 'Organic SEO' and read, read, read.

Guest Brivtech

You're missing a meta content.

Also, you could really do with improving your page content - The description on your items is quite vague. Search engines don't have that much information to index. Take this item for instance (First one I clicked on): http://www.insideoutdirect.co.uk/index.php...;productId=1047

You have the manufacturer's name and model, which may not mean much to anyone. There's a photo, and then the description reads: "

Awaiting technical specification and data sheet. If however, you wish to purchase this product please feel free to Email our customer service team for a price and delivery [email protected]"

This tells me nothing about the product. There's no hint at how it works, how it is fitted, etc. Even if the technical specification will be added later on, some plain english explaining how something is can be very valuable information.

The overall impression is that the site doesn't look completely finished. As a potential customer, about to spend £772 for the above item, I simply won't. I don't feel confident enough in who I'm buying from, or what I'm buying.

You need to make some changes to the site to help build a customer relationship (Why not read some books on building customer relationships in marketing). On the home page, why not show some pictures of the warehouse that holds the products, or an engineer fitting a unit into place

One thing that people are overlooking, which I have found dramatically affects Google in particular is the number of quality external links coming into your site.

If you haven't done so already, you should be registering yourself in web directories and as many search engines as possible. The more links you build up, the better the page ranking, although this is not exclusively the factor that builds web presence, there are other factors.

Also, have you considered using ad-words to help advertise your site?

Also, if you haven't done so already, add your site to the CubeCart featured sites list on the home page of this website. Have a look at cubecart.org, and get the SEO MOD installed, this will improve the readability of the product and category web addresses.

One final thing, I would seriously consider getting some professional help with the site design. As it is, it isn't bad, but to be frank, it looks amateur, it's missing a corporate look that people will feel more confident ordering from.

Guest Mysiteonline

http://search.msn.co.uk/results.aspx?q=lin...B&form=QBNO

This could be your problem. :)

It does'nt have to take three months to get traffic to a site.

I recently took one of my sites from zero traffic to 1000 UV's a day in the space of two weeks, using SEO only, but i found an untapped niche to target.

You need to learn about SEO, (a good forum to visit is www.davidcastle.org) develop a plan and action it.

I would agree with everything that has been said here so far, the most important thing to consider is the SEO MOD as mentioned by Brivtech, this significantly improves the rankings in most engines as the page URL contains the category keywords.

I would also look to add sitemaps to your site for Google and Yahoo, you can use a free online generator www.xml-sitemaps.com this will generate a sitemap for free (with some restrictions) to then submit to Google and Yahoo in the relevant XML and TXT formats, these should also help you get into the engines. You will also need to register at Google and Yahoo for accounts to do this but the effort is worth it.

Also get submitting to as many directories, search engines and the like as you can find. Try to find quality directories and where possible get one way links as these are more helpful and gain more credit with the search engines.

If you follow this and have good keyword selection and density with some good links you should see your first results for highly specific unique terms in a few days. MSN is comparatively easy to get traffic from once you get the basics right providing you have a not too competitive search term initially.

Estelle's category descriptions mod will also help and allow you to get good keyword dense content in the sub categories.

Also, don't be shy, get a link in your forum signature, they all count.

Good Luck

Guest BuymyJewelry

i have the IBP versoin 9 it is amazin, I just submitted to all the directories, search engines and others within minutes!! i just did a google base thingy too but i guess it takes time to load? im not sure.

i have the IBP versoin 9 it is amazin, I just submitted to all the directories, search engines and others within minutes!! i just did a google base thingy too but i guess it takes time to load? im not sure.

Be prepared for a tidel wave of spam coming your way. I hope you setup a dummy email address. Most of the many directories and link farms are not all that important and will prove of little value, although they can't hurt. There are just a few with a solid PR.

As far as search engines go, about (5) is all you really need to apply to.

IBP has some good tools, but SEOElite for the money may be a better choice for some at $167 and V.4.0 has just been released. I actually like Axandras other product better, ARELIS, which allows you to promote your backlinks. There is nothing else that will turn your business up a good notch than getting links from high PR relevent sites.