1045: Access denied

Guest UrbanFool

Guest UrbanFool

I'm getting the following error... and am wondering if I'm filling in the wrong "Database Hostname" on the form? I feel like I've tried everything imaginable, but obviously am not. If I could at least pinpoint where my problem is, that'd be a great start!

MySQL Error Occured [sic]

1045: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)

Thanks,

Kelly

This usually means you are using the wrong password. At what point are you receiving the error? What are you trying to do? If it is signing in to your admin control panel, try this:

If you have managed to forget your admin password and for some reason you cannot get the "Reset Password" function to work please follow this process:

1. Access your database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and browser the table CubeCart_admin_users. It should contain the list of administrator accounts to access the admin interface of your store.

2. We need to now create a file to show us what the md5 hash of the password you require should be.

Using notepad make a file with content:

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

3. Replace password with your desired password.

4. Save this file as md5.php and upload it to your webserver.

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output.

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field.

If done successfully then you should now be able to access the admin interface of your store.

Guest UrbanFool

Okay, thanks. This is right at step 3 of the install, so I've only just made an SQL admin account, etc.

At "Administrator Configuration Settings" I'm basically just repeating the logon info for the database... maybe that's where I'm going wrong?

Thanks again,

I'll give this a try.

Kelly

Guest UrbanFool

Roban, after I went to bed that night, I thought of something. My ftp program was set to force all filenames to lower case. That probably caused more problems than I want to think about. :blink:

(Just something to add to the database in your head.)

Thanks again!

• 5 weeks later...

Well I am getting the same problem with my computer although things may be a little different on my end.

I had downloaded cubecart and edited a few things on localhost after deleting the install files. Things were working fine.

After FTPing to a site I has received the MySql Error 1045. I'v had no chance to input a password.

I have changed the passsword and username in glabal.inc.php and still cant get the problem errected.

Any thoughts???

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tonifusi

Well I am getting the same problem with my computer although things may be a little different on my end.

I had downloaded cubecart and edited a few things on localhost after deleting the install files. Things were working fine.

After FTPing to a site I has received the MySql Error 1045. I'v had no chance to input a password.

I have changed the passsword and username in glabal.inc.php and still cant get the problem errected.

Any thoughts???

Any thoughts???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Galeo Designs

Can I just add something, although it's going back to the original topic of conversation.

I recieve error 1045 after clicking Next on stage 3.

I have checked in my CPanel, and made sure that I'm typing in the password correctly. is there something on the database name, user name or database prefix that I'm missing out on?

Database Hostname: localhost

Database Name: estonia_store

Database Username: estonia_gareth

Database Prefix: estonia_

James

Guest Galeo Designs

Whereabouts in phpmyadmin do I locate these settings?

I have contacted the server company, and they said to use the local IP address as opposed to 'localhost' and it worked! No idea why it works and localhost doesn't but it does.

James