changing CHMOD with cPanel

Guest Sameeee

Guest Sameeee

Hi all I am new and excited about making a store with CubeCart but am going so Nuttts when I try to edit the homepage I ge this,

Could not open file of '/home/stictcom/public_html/language/en/home.inc.php' for writing. Try changing the CHMOD value to 0777. Remember to set it back to 0644 afterwards!

I have read on the forum on how to change it if I had downloaded cubecart but it was a addon from my host. can anyone tell me how to change it with cpanel??? I seen something about doing it in file manager and got so lost fast.

Thanks

Walk in Beauty

Sameeee

You can also do it via ftp. Regardless of how it was installed, the cart is in your public_html folder. If you want to do it through cpanel. Choose 'File Manager' and click on the folder icon of the directory you want to open it. In this case it would be 'language'. The next group of folders will be listed and you'll click on the 'en' folder to open it. You will see the file 'home.inc'. Click on it. In the upper right hand column you will see a list of options for that file and one of them is 'change permissions'.

Guest Sameeee

You can also do it via ftp. Regardless of how it was installed, the cart is in your public_html folder. If you want to do it through cpanel. Choose 'File Manager' and click on the folder icon of the directory you want to open it. In this case it would be 'language'. The next group of folders will be listed and you'll click on the 'en' folder to open it. You will see the file 'home.inc'. Click on it. In the upper right hand column you will see a list of options for that file and one of them is 'change permissions'.

OOOOO THANK YOU! THANK YOU! that worked I knew it was something easy, I know with all the info and help I will find on this forum I will make a cool store,

Thanks again

Walk in Beauty

Sameeee