Setting up my site CubeCart site

Guest jamez

Hi, Im just a newbee to cube cart and web design and need some help.

I have loaded my products to my site and had Goober (who was very helpful) add a couple of commercial mods >>>mods descriptions removed<<<.

What I would like, is when someone logs onto my site www.blmarshall.co.nz they see a welcome page and not the shopping cart.

I would like the welcome page to have the same look and functionality as cubecart (legend skin) but NOT show things like "Shopping Basket", "Popular Products", "Categories" etc.

But rather show my brands in a box down the right column and have links to similar pages like "Participating retailers" "Contact us" "Current Specials" and of couse "Online Store Login" (which would direct them to the store) in a box in the left column. And have these different pages in the middle column (similar to site docs setup).

Can anyone suggest a solution and how would i organise my FTP files?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jamez

>>>Read rules about adverts :blink:<<<

Edited by jamez

One possibility would be to place CubeCart into a subdirectory of your site, and have an index page that has the elements you want on the homepage. That might be the easiest solution to get what you are asking for.

Otherwise, if you want to do that from within CubeCart, you are looking at making modifications, and as Roban mentioned, you'll find that help over at www.cubecart.org.

Already doing that and as said a seperate homepage, I've done one on my new server that mirrors the cart in design (simple though it is/has to be) and it forwards to the CC files in a folder under /home

It takes time to get the main links all done but just hover over them and copy/paste into the destination for each link from the home page.

Thanks Decker,

I dont quite under stand what you mean by "just hover over them and copy/paste into the destination for each link from the home page"...any chance you could give me a step by step process?

Cheers,

Jamez