How To Move The Shopping Basket to the Left Column?

Guest chrisjchrisj

Guest chrisjchrisj

How To Move The Shopping Basket to the Left Column of the home page?

I've looked around the forum, but didn't see an answer for this question.

Is it done in layout.css?

thanks.

I'm confused now - is this not allowed as previous posts for help were simply fobbed of to .org - the link [EDITED] is a 3rd party link to a site which has pay to get things [EDITED]

From Stevie68

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....st=0#entry62638

Your link is there, and as a customer who regularly points others, to .org (which is basically OOC) .org is okay if you have the time and the eyesight left to search for the subject of broken links.

If I've followed an incorrect trail please tell me off, but I for one find it silly that help can be given only if you go somewhere else, and pay for it.

Please open this forum up to the reason it should be here for, to help not just redirect.

Keep CC alive that way, get more interest, more working sites powered by CC.

If it's free to start with and benifits when you pay it gets better global coverage, nuff said.

This is done in index.tpl by moving {SHOPPING_CART} where you want it to go. You may have to adjust the width to fit your side column and this can be done in layout.css and style.css.

Your best bet here might be to put it in its own side box. For this you can try:

<div class="boxTitleRight">Your Cart</div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">

{SHOPPING_CART}

<border="0" >

</div>

<div class="boxFootRight"> </div>

The link i provided was to one of the pinned posts in this forum ;)

Hmm - no comment on the above Roban as a mod ??

It would be more helpfull if we could all post helpfull links.

No harm Roban and yes it was helpfull (I had a look at the code myself and made a snippet of it for the future).

What was refered to was the allowance of something against the rules (look up a couple of posts - 3rd one) - personally I'd like to see the rule changed as it is being helpfull.

Hopefully one slips through and creates a trend ;)

@ Decker - your putting a link to my store in this thread is not appreciated, as it is against the rules. I have enough trouble with certain of the moderators here by my style of helping, without this sort of negative attention. Please do not do such things.

I have visited the thread mentioned, and I see that you are taking the link from the thread quoted, where I had linked to one of my >>free<< tutorials. The date on that post is December 2005 - before the rule about no 3rd-party links took effect. Do not be surprised if even that old "grandfathered" link is removed now :D

I would very much appreciate if you would follow the rules and not place 3rd party links here, especially not links to my store. It is due to RULE BREAKERS as much as anything else that helpful pointers are suspect when they involve third-party providers, and I would suggest you try to be part of the cure rather than the problem. <;)>

Again missing the point, it would be more helpfull if it 'was allowed'.

Since you posted it first there was no way anyone could know it would offend you to have it pointed out, if that is the case then remove all possibles yourself.

Jeez, try and open something up a bit to help all and what do you get - see your own post, attitude.

Disagree The rulles are there to stop the spamming that this site used to be full of... if you where here before christmas of last year you will understand, i see that markscart's responce was totaly meritied as he would have got in trouble for someone posting that link and the last thing we want is to lose yet another good coder...

To everyone else remember the rules are here to help not hinder... im you really have a link that could be of help then mention that you do and ask the original poster to contact you for more details there is no rule against PMing...

as for original posts where nebies post links without realising i dont blame them no1 reads the rules untill they need to but thats why we have such a good moderators team they will quickly remove the link and inform the memeber, however if you have been here a wile you should know better that these are the rules and this is how it will stay...

Again missing the point, it would be more helpfull if it 'was allowed'.

Since you posted it first there was no way anyone could know it would offend you to have it pointed out, if that is the case then remove all possibles yourself.

Jeez, try and open something up a bit to help all and what do you get - see your own post, attitude.

Not missing your point. Your point has been discussed to death with the site owner and his decision was made long ago. If you wish to post third-party links here, pick on someone else's store. ;)

Again I will explain to you for the last time: The original post containing the link was from December 2005 . . .

Just so you can "catch up" since you really seem interested in this, read this thread where your point was made and discussed long ago, and the topic is now CLOSED.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=13898