!Cannot Login to Admin!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howsthisart

support is not good for people trying to get a shopping cart here.

Ricco i had this problem with the greyed out admin area. I had to totally re-install cubecart after i backed up everything first. I found that this fixed the problem using version 3.0.14, but i found with the current version 3.0.15 that after about a week of logging into the admin, all of a sudden i wasn't able to and still have no idea on how to fix this problem.

Guest soulonfya

support is not good for people trying to get a shopping cart here.

Ricco i had this problem with the greyed out admin area. I had to totally re-install cubecart after i backed up everything first. I found that this fixed the problem using version 3.0.14, but i found with the current version 3.0.15 that after about a week of logging into the admin, all of a sudden i wasn't able to and still have no idea on how to fix this problem.

It's amazing how so many people are having the same problem. Where's the cubecart people who created this?

I've been searching for the solution to this since October and it's been a waiste of my time.

Steps to Aid in Resolving This Issue

Well, I have experienced this before as well, only a few times. This usually has to do with Internet Explorer (go figure, heh heh) and cookies - so it does not surprise me that one person found that logging out helps him to log back in. Here are some suggested steps to prevent this from occuring often, and to resolve it when and if it occurs again.

1. Check your storeURL setting . . . Using a text editor (Windows Notepad will usually do in a pinch), OPEN the file includes/global.inc.php, you will see this type of code:

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'mydbname';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'mypwd';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'mydbusername';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = 'my root path for web server';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/;

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.mycubecartstore.com';

?>

My suggestion here is to use www in the store URL, that is, www.mycubecartstore.com rather than simply mycubecartstore.com

2. When you go to admin, also use the www if you have it in your global.inc.php file, so use www.mycubecartstore.com/admin rather than just mycubecartstore.com/admin

3. This is the most important thing: Delete cookies and browser cache!!! and try again.

In IE, click Tools > Internet Options > General then press the Delete Cookie button and then the Delete Files button. If you do not do this on a regular basis, it may take a few minutes to clear the browser cache. The hourglass cursor may be the only indicator you have that the task is not yet completed. Once the cookies and the cache (temporary internet files) are cleared, close the dialog box then close your browser. Wait a moment, and re-open the browser, go to your admin page and log in.

This should solve your login problem If it does, you'll know what to do if it ever happens again. Delete cookies and empty cache (delete temporary files).

*/*

-------------------------------------------------

It's amazing how so many people are having the same problem. Where's the cubecart people who created this?

I've been searching for the solution to this since October and it's been a waiste of my time.

So many people? based on what, a few forum posts? Half a million people are using CubeCart stores, so let's be fair, shall we? Only a few people are having frustrating troubles with this, and those are mostly people who use IE exclusively and who do not bother to maintain the browser by deleting cookies and files occasionally.

Where's the cubecart people who created this?

There is one developer (though he is now hiring more) and has been only one, who has created and constantly improved CubeCart. All the help you get in these forums is from volunteer effort :D

And now a few questions for you . . .

Have you submitted a bug report on this?

Have you opened a support request on this?

Hmmmmm . . . :w00t:

Well, in the forums you receive volunteer help only. No one here is obligated to answer your questions. We are here answering questions because we want to help, we are glad to help, we wish we could help everyone who asks at all times. But the reality is that we cannot, and some questions do get overlooked.

I sincerely hope my answer above works for you and solves your problem. :D

Guest Ricco

Steps to Aid in Resolving This Issue

Well, I have experienced this before as well, only a few times. This usually has to do with Internet Explorer (go figure, heh heh) and cookies - so it does not surprise me that one person found that logging out helps him to log back in. Here are some suggested steps to prevent this from occuring often, and to resolve it when and if it occurs again.

1. Check your storeURL setting . . . Using a text editor (Windows Notepad will usually do in a pinch), OPEN the file includes/global.inc.php, you will see this type of code:

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'mydbname';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'mypwd';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'mydbusername';

$glob['rootDir'] = 'my root path for web server';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/;

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.mycubecartstore.com';

?>

My suggestion here is to use www in the store URL, that is, www.mycubecartstore.com rather than simply mycubecartstore.com

2. When you go to admin, also use the www if you have it in your global.inc.php file, so use www.mycubecartstore.com/admin rather than just mycubecartstore.com/admin

3. This is the most important thing: Delete cookies and browser cache!!! and try again.

In IE, click Tools > Internet Options > General then press the Delete Cookie button and then the Delete Files button. If you do not do this on a regular basis, it may take a few minutes to clear the browser cache. The hourglass cursor may be the only indicator you have that the task is not yet completed. Once the cookies and the cache (temporary internet files) are cleared, close the dialog box then close your browser. Wait a moment, and re-open the browser, go to your admin page and log in.

This should solve your login problem If it does, you'll know what to do if it ever happens again. Delete cookies and empty cache (delete temporary files).

What is wrong here is the lack of support for this serious issue. Why is it there are so many people with the same problem not getting fixes?

This is a total waste of my time, I have no idea why I am bothering to continue to get it working if this is the support I would get in the future.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest Ricco

DAMN, I fix it and it was sooooo easy!

Well I am goner fully test the rest of it now but it does appear to have been a simple error.

If I find everything is now working 100% I will post back here with what I found.

Guest Luhoozuher

When I moved my store from the /Store directory to the root directory I encountered this same issue. It was not related to my cookies, but it was related to the $glob[rootRel] variable in /includes/globals.inc.php that markscarts brought up. Formerly that variable was set to '/Store/'. I changed it to '../'. Apparently that is incorrect, it should be '/'.

One further note, this may not be true accross all hosts. I know that this solution worked for me with GoDaddy, but the same solution didn't appear to work for me with MediaTemple, though I'm going to retry with them to verify it wasn't an error of my own.

Hope this helps.

Guest phelikz

Although I'm having the same issues, and haven't gotten much in the way of suggestions on how to fix it, I have to agree with MarksCarts on this one.

Ricco, in confused on how you have so many complaints yet judging by your lack of response to the question I think it's safe to assume you did not put in a ticket or a bug report. I'm willing to bet most people browse these boards are looking for people with similar problems (which we have found) and not trolling for damsels in distress.

And to top it off you claim to have found an answer but never posted it. there's a word for that:

hypocrite.

look it up.

Guest soulonfya

;)

-------------------------------------------------

So many people? based on what, a few forum posts? Half a million people are using CubeCart stores, so let's be fair, shall we? Only a few people are having frustrating troubles with this, and those are mostly people who use IE exclusively and who do not bother to maintain the browser by deleting cookies and files occasionally.

Where's the cubecart people who created this?

There is one developer (though he is now hiring more) and has been only one, who has created and constantly improved CubeCart. All the help you get in these forums is from volunteer effort :D

And now a few questions for you . . .

Have you submitted a bug report on this?

Have you opened a support request on this?

Hmmmmm . . . :errm:

Well, in the forums you receive volunteer help only. No one here is obligated to answer your questions. We are here answering questions because we want to help, we are glad to help, we wish we could help everyone who asks at all times. But the reality is that we cannot, and some questions do get overlooked.

I sincerely hope my answer above works for you and solves your problem. :)

Oh my dear, very well put. I'm glad you got that off your chest. Yes I know the forum is filled with volunteers helping one another out, which I am so appreciated of.

When I say so many people, I mean So Many People. This is not the only forum regarding this issue that I've read. If you do a search on "No Admin Session" quite a few pops up. A few can be anywhere from 10 -100 people in my book - But that's just me.

I don't use IE, I have a Mac using FireFox and Safari. So really and truely I don't think it's an IE thing only.

Thank you so much for your impute and I truely didn't mean to offend anyone by asking where's the "CubeCart People". Anyhow, blessed day.

Guest Mart

Just to throw this out there. I have the same problem with admin incorrectly redirecting.

I have an older version of CubeCart running with no problems and no problems during the install. For this install I used Version 3.0.15 and it did not redirect correctly right off the bat. I have tried it in both IE 7 and Firefox. Both lead to an unfound page. I have ftp'd and reinstalled twice just incase of file corruption. I've cleared the cookies as well with the same results.

When the admin page comes up the goto= looks like this.

http://www.-----.net/shop/admin/login.php?goto=/shop/admin/index.php

After the first attempt it returns to the login page and it looks like this.

http://www.----.net/shop/admin/login.php?goto=//shop/admin/index.php

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'shop';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '********';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'shop';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/-----/public_html/shop';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/shop/'; <- tried this as //shop/ and /

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.-----.net/shop/'; <- tried this with and without the www

?>

I'll post what else I find as I go and then possibly post a bug report.

Marty

Guest Debi H

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know, in case you don't know it, that if you cannot login to CubeCart - ie, it says "No Administration Session Found", which is what happened to me, even though I just installed this on this past Friday, if you go to Support and go into the Knowledgebase, there is a process that they have listed there that got me right into the admin screen with no problem!

Hope it helps someone else! :P

Debi

Guest Joff

I've got the same error on a fresh 3.0.16 installation, Windows Server running PHP5.

I've tried to debug the code and as far as I can see, have found that the session variable "ccAdmin" is set in /admin/login.php then when the page is redirected to /admin/Index.php, the session variable is now empty!

Login.php:

$_SESSION['ccAdmin'] = $result[0]['adminId'];

if(isset($_GET['goto']) && !empty($_GET['goto'])){

header("Location: ".treatGet(urldecode($_GET['goto'])));

exit;

} else......

Is there any reason for the session being lost on Index.php? There's no code being executed between the header location and me checking the value of ccAdmin (as far as I can see...)

Anyone?

Guest Joff

Looks like I spoke to soon, I've now got the admin frame loaded on the left hand side, logout/change password links at the top of the screen and the familiar login form in the main frame.

All admin links are greyed out apart from: Admin home, Store home, Server info and Admin sessions.

None of these links work though.

Guest Boletus

Is there a way to edit a database value to remove the Authentication blocked for 10 minutes? I managed to enter wrong password (I think) and now I'm waiting 10 minutes ... and 10 minutes. :)

• 1 month later...

I have used CC for over a year now and its great. :D

how ever i have got this problem right now also????

i have 6 CC stores for my clients all others work ok all 3.015 , php 4.4.6 , mysql 4.1.22

all the other 5 work ok login to admin

they also all have a sub admin for my clients to login ( they only have limited access as normal)

i am the super user on all.

I have full access to DB and php admin to edit.

they have all been transferd to another host last 3 weeks ago all good and move succsefully.

I just cant seem to login in on one as a super user?? I can as my client just to check i have correct login name for super user in previous sessions in cc ACP.

how ever none of the passwords i use activate login so i have also requested an email password request and of all my emails that i have tried nothing works???

Is there a hard core hack i can do so i can get in as admin then change once im in please.

I have check php admin and cubecart_admin_user and only see super=1 and 0=not

I have checked includes/global.inc.php and all is good ( same as others that work)

so im stuck

any help would be greatfull ( still very strange how this would happen all of a sudden)

PS im using explorer 7 and yes i have cleared cache files as i do regular.

:P

UPDATE:

ALL sorted i missed this post opps ;)

Yes you can check and change the permission thru phpMyadmin

1) Backup your database

2) Select your database, then select the cubecart_admin_users table

3) Click the "Search" tab at the top. By default all searchable fields are selected in the top left box.

4) click the "Go" button. All admin users are shown. Find the column named "is Super" . 1 means is a super user, 0 means is not a super user.

5) To edit, check the box next to the user to modify and then click the edit icon (pencil).

6) Edit the "is Super" box as needed and click the "Go" button. Changes are saved.

In my local test store I could see the user switch from super user to user back to super user as I made the changes.

Hope this helps.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that you have some redirection going on.

http://www.loja69.com/loja/admin

GET /loja/admin HTTP/1.1

Host: www.loja69.com

HTTP/1.x 301 Moved Permanently

----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.loja69.com/loja/admin/

GET /loja/admin/ HTTP/1.1

Host: www.loja69.com

HTTP/1.x 302 Found

You see how the 302 response gives to the browser the address based on the root of your site, as opposed to the subfolder "loja".

And I am giving you a ccUser cookie, so there might be an issue with the contents of your global.inc.php file.

Oh, sorry. I thought if I showed you what I found, it would have jogged a clue and you would have said, "Oh, yeah, I did set up a redirection in my .htaccess file." Or, "Darn, I just knew that when I created that redirect in my hosting control panel from URL "A.com" to URL "B.com/yada/yada/yada/yada/yada/" it's gonna cause a problem."

In the "includes/global.inc.php" file, show us what these variables are set to:

$glob['rootDir'] =

$glob['rootRel'] =

$glob['storeURL'] =

Do you recall turning on the SSL setting in the Admin panel?

I want you to find in these forums the file "editconf.php" and upload it to:

<your hosted site>/loja/

Then request it in a browser and make sure all the settings point to "<site>/loja/" and not just "<site>/".

If that all checks out, remove editconf.php from your hosted server space.

Let us know what you find.

If you didn't set up these redirects, contact your hosting provider and ask them if they put one in place.

Guest rtiago

Thank you, i have alredy resolved the problem. with the file editconf.php i change the SSL avalue from 1 to 0 and it works...

thank you

Once again I find this cart to be a total waste of time. This is the last time I am bothering to try this out.

It will be back to oscommerce for me. :blink:

I sent an email to CubeCart sales stating that I was not going to purchase the product until they could advise me what caused these errors (No admin session found etc), and this is the reply I received. Isnt this the owner or the developer of the software ?

Gives me lots of confidence !!!!!!

Hello,

This is not an issue we have come across before and I'm afraid I cannot provide a solution for you. If you have an active support plan I am sure someone on the support helpdesk can investigate this for you.

Kind Regards,

----------------------------------

Alistair Brookbanks

Devellion Ltd