!Cannot Login to Admin!

Everything is great except for when I try to login into my admin. First when I visit the page it says No administration session was found. But the login stuff is still there. I login and there's only a few things highlighted... other stuff is faded away. How do I get the faded topics highlighted again so I can pick them. When I try clicking on them it says "I dont have permission to access this"

I upgraded the site and went through each upgrade file one by one till I got to the latest file only updates for the final version --- What do I do next to get this thing working?

Can anyone offer any help to clarify why exactly the admin would not have permission to pass the login area of the admin section....

I know I am logged in because the screen refreshes and I show a log-out button on top, but everything I want to do is grayed out, and I cannot do any administrative tasks....

How can I update permissions to do so... Everything seems to be working but this.

Anyone care to take a second and help me out here..... I know this is probably something really minor that I am missing, but I can't do anything with this site like this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this happen now and then. Don't know why. But closing my browser and waiting a bit seems to fix the problem. I always thought it was a temporary thing with my host.

• 1 month later...
Guest RSprinkel

I am having the same issues as well and it doesn't help when I close out my browser for a few minutes or hours. I have been trying to access the Admin section now for 2 1/2 hours. I have gone as far as deleting cookies and SHUTTING down my computer SEVERAL times.

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED AND FIXED.

Guest RSprinkel

well the issue is with IE7, but in FireFox when I try to change something I get an Error box stating that FF has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down. And this is the only site that I have that issue with as far as FF is concerned.

well the issue is with IE7, but in FireFox when I try to change something I get an Error box stating that FF has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down. And this is the only site that I have that issue with as far as FF is concerned.
That I believe is solved by the RTF editor upgrade found on .org.

Guest RSprinkel

Ok well the client I am doing this site for only uses IE7 and I tried talking him into FF and he refuses to go that route.

Now I need to be able to get this admin login fixed asap for this client or I may loose a client and I really don't want to do that as the contract details is very good for me on this deal.

I currently own 2 hosting business's as well as set up client sites and stuff so therefore you know how important this REALLY is.

Thanks much in advance.

Guest howsthisart

i too seem to have the same problem with login in to the admin section. I am using cubecart version 3.015 and am using internet explorer 6. Everytime i go to login i get a failed message, and then after that i get a Authentication blocked for 10 minutes for security reasons. Is there a fix yet for this problem??

• 1 month later...
Guest aimKevinwolf2k5

What the hay, same problem. Keeps saying "No administration session was found." when I try to log in. But when I try to log into someones else's admin on their server it works. Whats wrong with my server files I wonder?

Guest KaniGTT

I ran into this problem after I had a cc site already completed and tweaked to the liking with about 7,500 products. I have tried numerous options, none of which have seemed to work. The only route that was left was to completely un-install and re-install CubeCart. It occured when I attempted to change the directory of my cubecart store from /cubecart to the root folder. It may not like the root folder, I don't know, but I am not going to attempt that again :huh:

sorry I can't be of any help, I figure I would just explain my situation to you guys.

Guest howsthisart

i did exactly the same thing, i ran into problems when doing a manual upgrade from 3.0.13 - 3.0.14 of cubecart. So decided to install a completely new version of cubecart, everything was working fine until all of a sudden i wasn't able to login in to the admin. Has anyone else managed to over come this problem?? Or are we still waiting for some miracle cure?

Guest Headquarters on Crown

Have you tried first logging out when the login page comes on.

I know it seems strange, but I think often I must close the browser without logging out. Perhaps it remembers that I am still logged in and then won't let me log in again. AT least the logging out first and trying works for me.

PS on 3.0.15 with SSL on.

Guest howsthisart

i can't even seem to be able to log out let alone login. Is very strange, it just all of a sudden didn't work. I set up the installation correctly and was able to add in my own template and get the design working, and added categories and products in the admin as well as extra documents, and then about a week after, i went to login one day and nothing. Couldn't login in, couldn't access the forgot password to work, (thinking that maybe that was the problem) but nothing has worked. The only thing that i think i could do is, to re-install the previous version?? But that would mean not up to date with all the upgardes. would this be wise?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ricco

This problem is still happening to me.. has anyone found a fix for it yet?

admin log-in works but left column links are all grey'd out.

Guest Ricco

Everything is great except for when I try to login into my admin. First when I visit the page it says No administration session was found. But the login stuff is still there. I login and there's only a few things highlighted... other stuff is faded away. How do I get the faded topics highlighted again so I can pick them. When I try clicking on them it says "I dont have permission to access this"

I upgraded the site and went through each upgrade file one by one till I got to the latest file only updates for the final version --- What do I do next to get this thing working?

Can anyone offer any help to clarify why exactly the admin would not have permission to pass the login area of the admin section....

I know I am logged in because the screen refreshes and I show a log-out button on top, but everything I want to do is grayed out, and I cannot do any administrative tasks....

How can I update permissions to do so... Everything seems to be working but this.

Anyone care to take a second and help me out here..... I know this is probably something really minor that I am missing, but I can't do anything with this site like this.

I am in urgent need of this fix too. Please can someone help me fix this!!!

I have a cart that I want to customize asap but this does not look good if we can not log in to ADMIN PANELS.

:wacko:

Guest dpage44

How many admins do you have setup? Sounds like the one you are using is not a "super user" but one who is restricted. I have 2 admin users set up. Mine is a super user with full control, and the other is for the person who processes our orders. I have the rights restricted for this person and those areas are greyed out.

You should be able to see the account that created when the store was installed by clicking on the administrators hyperlink at the bottom left column . A Super user has a green square and a restricted login has a red square.

Guest Ricco

How many admins do you have setup? Sounds like the one you are using is not a "super user" but one who is restricted. I have 2 admin users set up. Mine is a super user with full control, and the other is for the person who processes our orders. I have the rights restricted for this person and those areas are greyed out.

You should be able to see the account that created when the store was installed by clicking on the administrators hyperlink at the bottom left column . A Super user has a green square and a restricted login has a red square.

I am guessing that you are going to be right about the 'super user' so is there anyway I can change this in phpmyadmin or conf edit.php ?

BTW my boxes look black.

Guest dpage44

Yes you can check and change the permission thru phpMyadmin

1) Backup your database

2) Select your database, then select the cubecart_admin_users table

3) Click the "Search" tab at the top. By default all searchable fields are selected in the top left box.

4) click the "Go" button. All admin users are shown. Find the column named "is Super" . 1 means is a super user, 0 means is not a super user.

5) To edit, check the box next to the user to modify and then click the edit icon (pencil).

6) Edit the "is Super" box as needed and click the "Go" button. Changes are saved.

In my local test store I could see the user switch from super user to user back to super user as I made the changes.

Hope this helps.

Guest Ricco

I can see the table and have edited the line, however it was already set on 1 so I tried changing it to 0 then back and nothing different happens.

I still get the grayed out column and the message still shows that I do not have permission.

:w00t:

Guest dpage44

Man,I don't know. :on2long: If the database is OK, then it maybe its a corrupt file. If you have no mods to any of the files in the admin folder, you might try backing up the admin folder contents somewhere safe, then uploading a fresh copy and see what happens.

or

backup everything including the db to your local machine and create a test environment to restore your shop and see how that works

or

reinstall everthing from scratch :zorro:

Maybe someone else has a suggestion. ;)

Guest Ricco

Once again I find this cart to be a total waste of time. This is the last time I am bothering to try this out.

It will be back to oscommerce for me. :)