New Nochex APC Module

Al Brookbanks

*EDIT Al: This module will be in 3.0.15 and thus we are not considering this to be a 3rd party mod. *

Simon from Nochex this morning sent me the first release of the Nochex APC CubeCart integration.

Please find this attached to this post. As far as we know it works with little or no issues at all but if you do come across a problem we are here to help you get them resolved.

We would be extremely grateful if you could post back here to let us know how you get on.

*Edit*

Changes in 1.1

1. aligns the customised payment pages in IE

2. Change nochex to Credit/Debit Cards (Nochex)

3. In live transactions order status changed to "processing" + amends

stock level

CubeCart_Nochex_APC.1.0.zip

CubeCart_Nochex_APC.1.1.zip

CubeCart_Nochex_APC.1.2.zip

Edited by Al

Guest nochex_uk

Hello,

Just as an additional note, the module has been created by an external 3rd party. We trust that the many issues raised on this forum will be answered and sorted out by this module. ;) We will be actively monitoring this thread over the next week for any issues, and we will seek to resolve these asap if there are any, so please post them in here.

The module also makes use of the new Nochex Payment Pages. Compared to the old Nochex Checkout System, the payment pages system offers a much wider variety of options, features and functionality to Nochex Account holders, specifically Merchant Account customers. These features include; customisable checkout pages, multiple merchant ID’s, partial refund options and increased checkout parameters (i.e. detailed order information).

Look forward to seeing your thoughts, good or bad, please post them here.

S

Guest nochex_uk

By the way, for Merchant Account holders, the payment pages customisation is automated - you need output buffering enabled on your php server (most ISPs have this enabled by default, but the odd one dis-enables it)

Please feel free to do a test transaction here to see the cart working with the customised payment pages. We're aware of IE left aligning the template, so a fix will be made. It works perfectly in Firefox.

http://tom.staff.entrepreneuria.co.uk/carts/cubecart/

Guest Sy Doveton

I am not sure if this is down to cube cart or the module but I began processing an order and selected the nochex apc as a payment method and I got the page to select the type of card. At this point I then clicked cancel and i was redirected to my home page saying the order failed. However in the admin section the order remains as pending not as cancelled or uncleared.

In my opinion the the order should remain as uncleared until the customer reaches that thank you page. Even if they decide they can't be bothered and just close the browser with out completing payment it still appears that the order is pending. I then have to login to nochex to see if a payment has been actually made.

Please let me know what you think.

Best Regards, Sy Doveton

I am not sure if this is down to cube cart or the module but I began processing an order and selected the nochex apc as a payment method and I got the page to select the type of card. At this point I then clicked cancel and i was redirected to my home page saying the order failed. However in the admin section the order remains as pending not as cancelled or uncleared.

In my opinion the the order should remain as uncleared until the customer reaches that thank you page. Even if they decide they can't be bothered and just close the browser with out completing payment it still appears that the order is pending. I then have to login to nochex to see if a payment has been actually made.

Please let me know what you think.

Best Regards, Sy Doveton

Hello Sy,

The module has been written to act as follows:

• All payments that are never completed remain as Pending
  • Test payments that are completed are marked Uncleared, stock is not affected
  • Live payments that are completed are marked Processing, stock is affected accordingly

I have written it this way for security, if someone makes a test payment in an attempt to trick you, there is no chance of you shipping a free order because test orders never complete fully.

Guest Sy Doveton

just checked, completed live transactions are still marked as pending not processing as MxG says above.

Obviously I don't want to be sending out free products but there needs to be away to check the actual status of the payment from the order page.

just checked, completed live transactions are still marked as pending not processing as MxG says above.

Obviously I don't want to be sending out free products but there needs to be away to check the actual status of the payment from the order page.

Are you running the latest version of the module? I have released v1.1 which fixes a couple of bugs in the APC handling.

Guest Sy Doveton

I hadn't at the time, it now says processing which is good. I still think it would be good if they clicked cancel the status was set to cancelled, if they did then click the try again button it would again change to status to pending until the payment was authorised.

Maybe it's not possible as i don't know the complete workings of CC but it's how i would logically see it working.

Are you running the latest version of the module? I have released v1.1 which fixes a couple of bugs in the APC handling.

Guest yoursite

Hi

ive just download this mod installed it and tried a transaction all seams to be fine except when i had entered all my details and click make payment i got the confirmation page

Payment Details (This is a test transaction. No money will actually be sent)

Payment To [email protected]

Order ID 06########

Description Cart Order No: 06######

Total £14.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have successfully paid £14.95 to [email protected]

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PAYMENT WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CARD STATEMENT AS A TRANSACTION WITH NOCHEX LIMITED.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but thats it, no return to my website, no close this page nothing just like being stuck in a box.

is this the mod or my installation gone wrong?

p.s looks great thou and is just what we want for our store!

Guest Sy Doveton

Hi,

this only happens in test mode! In live mode it goes back to your site, empties the basket and u get the confirmation page. Try putting in to live mode and set up a test product for 99p and buy it. You can always refund the transaction.

Cheers, Sy

Hi

ive just download this mod installed it and tried a transaction all seams to be fine except when i had entered all my details and click make payment i got the confirmation page

but thats it, no return to my website, no close this page nothing just like being stuck in a box.

is this the mod or my installation gone wrong?

p.s looks great thou and is just what we want for our store!

Just a huge thank you from me. One of the reasons I like Nochex so very much as it seems they fixed this ongoing problem of no NC module rather than CC themselves :)

Just off to install it now. If there are any probs I'll post 'em. If I go silent it's probably because it's working great!

Oops - I had a problem. Probably to do with the way my cart's setup rather than the NC module itself but if anyone has any ideas.....

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare aidzxavnlszt() (previously declared in /usr/home/********/www/includes/sef_urls.inc.php(179) : eval()'d code:1) in /usr/home/********/www/includes/sef_urls.inc.php(179) : eval()'d code on line 1

Just to add that the problem is obviously in SEF urls BUT does not occur with any previous payment modules so just wondering what the NC mod is likely to be doing different to cause that.

Sadly the SEF php is encoded in places which makes it impossible to alter. Granted security is a nice thing to have but encoded php can be very, very annoying.

Oh...and of course I'm aware the .org forum is the place for mod discussion but as it's only the new nochex gateway throwing this error I was hoping it could be fixed in that rather than in the SEF module.

Guest nochex_uk

ok, leave it with us Tony

S

Just to add that the problem is obviously in SEF urls BUT does not occur with any previous payment modules so just wondering what the NC mod is likely to be doing different to cause that.

Sadly the SEF php is encoded in places which makes it impossible to alter. Granted security is a nice thing to have but encoded php can be very, very annoying.

Oh...and of course I'm aware the .org forum is the place for mod discussion but as it's only the new nochex gateway throwing this error I was hoping it could be fixed in that rather than in the SEF module.

Guest xxxrustyxxx

in test mode it tells me to have xtra enabled. where can i do that?

and in live mode it wud ask the customer to register.

have i dun sumthing wrong?

Guest Tony_B

It's def. the template feature causing the clash with seo urls as turning this feature off it seems to work perfectly. I had the NC template manually steup for this site anyway so no biggie for me to turn it off. May be handy to know for others though if they come across the problem as I know the module is very popular.

Based on Tony B's experience, it looks like the SEF addon is declaring a function during the course of the page. When you have the template feature enabled in the Nochex mod, it uses output-buffering to produce a basic page, then captures and parses it before passing the necessary header and footer variables to Nochex. The error occurs because the mentioned function aidzxavnlszt() is declared at the start of the script, and then again by the nochex_get_template_html() section of transfer.inc.php. I don't see an immediate way of getting around this (I had thought of passing the template process through a PHP eval() function, but I don't think this will solve the problem because eval()'d code inherits the declarations made by its 'parent'.

I will keep investigating, and hopefully someone will know a way around this (is there an easier way to produce a page in CubeCart?).

Thanks Al.

I neglected to mention that you can get around this conflict by switching off the "dynamic template" option on the module admin page, although that does mean that you can't use this feature...