New Paypal problems.. Why??

Guest bodyslam.co.uk

Guest bodyslam.co.uk

Hi..

I have just done a test purchase after i notested a lot of customers going through the cart to paypal but not actualy paying..

So i set up a 1p test product.. to find the problem.. but its uncovered a diferent one..

Basicly i payed the 1p all good.. (automaticly receved a store email telling me about the order and then one from paypal telling me i had receved funds)

But when paypal returned me to my store it came up with the following message..

Confirmation Screen

Basket » Address » Payment » Complete

Sorry, your order failed!

You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below:

The test product was stil in my basket.. but if i went to my acount section there was the order details for the test product "Pending"..

I have set up the whole auto return and pointed the IPN at the corect address.. what do i do now??

Any help would be good.. Thanks

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest moofygirl

I had trouble with items still being in the cart after making test payments. I ended up having to switch my settings to this:

paypalscreenshot.jpg

I found once I stopped using the IPN and switched over to standard it would empty the cart and tell me my order was completed.

I had someone today place an order and no payment was received, so I'm hoping they just abandoned the shopping cart before finishing their payment.

Guest bearclaws

I had trouble with items still being in the cart after making test payments. I ended up having to switch my settings to this:

paypalscreenshot.jpg

I found once I stopped using the IPN and switched over to standard it would empty the cart and tell me my order was completed.

I had someone today place an order and no payment was received, so I'm hoping they just abandoned the shopping cart before finishing their payment.

I am having the same problem.

However, I switched from IPN to STANDARD and still have the same problem: the order process (I receive payment and confirmation emails) but the "Sorry, your order failed!" error message is displayed to the user.

Very frustrating.

Guest jimrobo

I am also having the same problem and it is very frustrating!

This is my second store and the first one which is currently using 3.0.10 works fine with the IPN. Will have another play about later with it but I am getting annoyed with it