New to CubeCart

Guest Fulgham

Guest Fulgham

Hey;

First of all, thanks for taking the time to help me resolve a few issues i have...

Service Industry Support?

I am a with a small business that performs services around my province... One of the things we perform are training sessions (in a physical location at a set time). I would like participants to sign up for the courses online (with credit card authorization)... I understand fully about payment gateways and have a basic html css and php coding ability.

Every cart I find on the internet (even the ones that claim to have support for services), are way too complicated for my needs and seem to force you to give an item "shipping" status. Since i am going to be delivering a service, I do not need to "ship" it.... Biggest question is then: Can CubeCart easily be set to not track inventory, shipping costs and other unrelated information for me?

Seemless Integration?

Ex: [external link edited]

For the "Hours of Service" Course... If I put a "register now" link/button, could that bring you straight to the the basket (with that product added)? ... and through the rest of the steps, without looking as though you have left our site?

Customer Information

Can I ask for more information than the form currently requests, or make other fields required?

Thanks for your help,

Kris

BTW I am aware of a few css errors on IE... and i know my code is bad! heheh

The answer to your questions is 'Yes'. You can shop without shipping or you can offer your services as a coupon using digital downloading. Inventory control is optional and is controlled from the admin control panel. There is a free mod that will take your customers straight to the basket and they can checkout from there.

The forms are configurable as are the emails sent.

It's free. Download it and give it a spin.

Guest Fulgham

Hey;

Thanks for the information... I have installed and am playing around, the cart seems to be alot more than what i need, but I am learning...

This mod to go directly to the basket, I cannot seem to find it (looking through google and cubecart.org)... Can you point me in the right direction?

Also, when I put something in my basket the tax is 0... but when I register then it shows the 6%... Can I get it to display all the time? I don't want someone to go through registering and then see the higher cost?

Thanks,

Kris

(p.s. sorry for the external link)

EDIT includes/boxes/shoppingCart.inc.php with a text editor like notepad.

FIND these lines of code:

$basket = $cart->add($_POST['add'],$quantity,"");

}

INSERT this block of code AFTER the above lines ( add the code after the curly bracket shown above):

// start mod: redirect to basket

if($ccUserData[0]['customer_id']>0)

{

header("Location: cart.php?act=step2");

}

else

{

header("Location: cart.php?act=cart");

}

exit;

// end mod: redirect to basket

Upload file to your server

Not much you can do about the tax. Sales tax in the US is charged based on the state. Meaning people only pay tax if they're in the same state as you. So until the store knows they're in your state, it won't charge them tax.

;)