wierd errors after migrating to a new server?

Guest jsox79

php is whining about config.inc.php. the site shows up but with the error codes on the top of the screen. visit 208.109.196.1/store/store. the database is correct, im assuming the error comes from root values. im on a virtual dedicated server with godaddy. you must use the ip because i do not want to point dns until i have it set up, that way my current site is still active. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Are your permissions set correctly?

i dunno, what should they be set to? i didnt remember having to set any permissions upon install on the previous server, but im all ears. thanks for the reply!

tried all that still no go, this is apparently an issue with basedir_open in the php.ini. ive tried changing it but no go still. im about to thro my laptop out the window.

tried all that still no go, this is apparently an issue with basedir_open in the php.ini. ive tried changing it but no go still. im about to thro my laptop out the window.

Hello,

I do have the same problem. Only with one provider, on 3 other providers everithing works fine.

Exactly the same 3 error messages.

Would be great if someone has an idear or a solution;-) ?

well, my problem is unique because i control it, if you have a provider simply ask them to include the directories your getting errors for. i on the other hand have virtual server and i must do it myself. unless you too have the same prob...lol. ive been tryn to conquer this for a week.

well, my problem is unique because i control it, if you have a provider simply ask them to include the directories your getting errors for. i on the other hand have virtual server and i must do it myself. unless you too have the same prob...lol. ive been tryn to conquer this for a week.

if you have a provider simply ask them to include the directories your getting errors for.

And if the provider will not (like mine) maybe for security reasons (they say), simply set the definition for including in all the >>lang.inc.php<< files, (at the end of the code) to absolute path. For me this works great.

Have great Christmas and a happy new year.