Odd Message after updating Homepage

Guest eric47905

Guest eric47905

I have a few changes made, and a couple mods installed, but I can't figure out what this would have meant.

After I changed something on my homepage, it came back with the blue box at the top of the screen stating

Configuration Updated. Please make sure the file permission have been set back correctly.

Does anyone know what this means, or what I might need to change back? I am using .14 and the only homepage mod I have is one to disable of the fck editor, and then the SEO mod.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Guest eric47905

your language/en/home.inc file is probably set to 777 and should be set back to 755

Ok, this may sound dumb to you, but how do you do that. When I go to permisssions on my file I get the following

Permissions:

Owner read: checked write: checked execute: blank

Group read: checked write: blank execute: blank

All Users read: checked write: blank execute: blank

I tried several different combinations of checking and unchecking the items.

Also I found on the net where it said that the user for a value of 7 would be check r w x (or 4+2+1) and for the group and all users to give them a value of 5 check both read and execute. I did this and I am still getting this message.

Should all the files be set this way? or is that recipe I found on the net wrong?

Thanks for your time in helping me.

Guest eric47905

The best way to do this is by ftp. You can right click on a file or directory and choose CHMOD and tick off the boxes to change permissions

I did exactly this, to the language/en/home.inc.php file, and it still is giving me the same message. Any other files you think it might be?

Thank you so much for trying to help me, every little bit is greatly appreciated!