i think cubecart expensive

don't get me wrong but i love the cubecart just to register it i would like it but i'am from an asian country and that hits for me 2 months of salary and the fueatures are very poor to be honest, i mean not even an email form included? you must all buy it or design it your self you end up with a cart of $300 in the end, and the question is than or it all works fine with all these BETA mods, also i think for cubecart to lower the price a bit at least with Xmas.... like other companies are doing like this everyone has a change to register it and cubecart get a good sale in december... just hope they will consider to lower the price not every one has a salary of $1000 or more dollars, i have in my country $50 a month almost.... see what i mean and yes i know you people could care less but if it is you?

FREE contact forms, skins and mods can be found in .org forum and they are NOT beta.

CubeCart is fully working without buying a licence :(

Creating an online carting system for you to sell things and make money needs to put some effort and money in to it, dont you agree.

Sorry about your low wages but dont forget that the cost of creating this carting system is very high as high wages are given to the persons that develope this.

If again this doesnt satisfy you .......... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

FREE contact forms, skins and mods can be found in .org forum and they are NOT beta.

CubeCart is fully working without buying a licence :(

Creating an online carting system for you to sell things and make money needs to put some effort and money in to it, dont you agree.

Sorry about your low wages but dont forget that the cost of creating this carting system is very high as high wages are given to the persons that develope this.

If again this doesnt satisfy you .......... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

i know but many mods that are NOT free are $20 or so, and when there is a problem they always say do you have some mods installed, when things get mixed up, i call that BETA

Guest valencia

I used cubecart FREE for the first few months until I started making money. I then bought a license and as my store increased sales I added specific mods that enriched my store. I have over 15 different mods and have yet to encounter a conflict. Most of the mods I installed myself with no programming experience.

Cubecart is much simplier and cheaper in the long run. The best part is I add only the functions (mods) that i want my store to have.

All in all I still made money with just the BASIC Store, so can you, and when you start to generate more sales, then consider the mods as an investment to your business growth.

In terms of price- Cubecart is one of the cheapest to buy on the market, try a google search and see the cost of other carts that takes a PHD to operate. :(

You can go online without paying for mods and have a great store and sell lots of items and you can do it all for the price of web hosting, providing of course that you have a product that people want to buy. Cube Cart is free to use and there are plenty of free mods that a lot of well-intentioned folks have worked long hours to provide for your, or anyone elses pleasure.

Yes, you are right. Cube Cart is expensive if you only want to use the commercial mods. It is, however, less expensive than the alternatives. Unfortunately one has to invest money to make money. It's the way of the world M8.

I had a CC store online and only paid $30.00 total for mods over a period of 2 years. If you can't earn that much from your store than go the free route.

I understand that with wages in some countries CubeCart may seem expensive.

We have no choice but to price CubeCart in a way that will raise enough revenue to pay our staff to have a good healthy income. If they were paid $50 per month they would barely be able to eat let alone keep a roof on their heads. In your country you can probably survive reasonably on that wage (I hope).

CubeCart is aimed at 1st world economies for income. If you are in a position where you can't afford to pay for it you are fortunate enough to be able to use it free. You can't argue with that? :(

We are actually a UK based company and we price our products/services in US Dollars. Our currency (Pounds Sterling) is about 0.52 to the dollar and of course we lose out greatly due to this already.

Who knows your economy may suddenly grow extremely fast and we might find your products/services too expensive. :D

Disclaimer: I know nothing about economics so if what I have written is complete garbage please ignore me.

To extend what has been said already, the price of CC is very low compared to other systems for the features, support, and options available. In the end, you generally get what you pay for.

The great opportunity here, is that with an online store, you can earn much more than what you say is an average wage in your country. It's actually fairly easy to create an informational product and sell it for $25 to $200 a copy online, and to sell many, many copies per month.

To sell 1 product, you don't need a shopping cart at all. Even if you have a half-dozen products, you don't REALLY need a shopping cart, but it does help. Once you have a dozen products or more, then a shopping cart is almost a necessity.

Consider also the cost of setting up a business offline. You have to pay rent for a store, hire employees (usually), stock the shelves, and a host of other things that all come out of your pocket before you make your first sale.

Setting up a store online is just as much a BUSINESS as setting up a store offline. You have to make an investment up front to create an environment in which people are willing to spend their money. If you try to cut corners and "do it cheap", you'll make far fewer sales than if you "do it right".

Cheap/Expensive - it's all a matter of perspective anyways.

$50,000 might be expensive for a car, yet if it's a Rolls Royce, then that's cheap!

While there ARE some shopping carts that are available for free (open source) they require a greater investment of time than CC does. Many open source carts are created as building blocks with the assumption that a developer (aka programmer) will alter the code to suit a specific situation. No real attempts are made in those systems to have a complete, out of the box solution that you can use within minutes of installing the software.

In addition, as others have mentioned, you do not HAVE to pay for CC as it is now. And there's really no NEED to spend money on mods. You may WANT to, but you don't HAVE to.

If the cost of registering CC or the cost of commercial mods are outside of your current budget, then use what's freely available to earn enough money so that you CAN afford them. Build your business in stages.

I beleive with all the above said this concludes that CC is NOT expensive and specially when its FREE without the need to be registered in order to use all its functions */*

Topic closed.