complete novice.. need help with uploading to SQL

Guest dillingerink

Guest dillingerink

So I am trying to learn this somewhat in the dark :( I am wondering if someone can tell me how to upload the files to mySQL database? I created the database and have the host name, username/pass etc. But now what? I tried uploading using an ftp program but I wasn't entering something right (I couldn't actually connect to the database) . When I called tech support they told me to log into my database via my hosing manager and do it there...but they couldn't explain it once I was logged in and it really wasn't self explanatory as I had hoped. Any help would be great as I am completely lost at this point....

Thanks!!

What is it you want to do? Install Cube Cart or populate a database? If you have created an empty database it will be populated when you install Cube Cart. You have to upload all the files within the uploads folder to your server. The best way to do this is via ftp. Upload the files to your root directory or whatever directory you want your store to be in. The open your favorite web browser and type the url of your store like this:http://www.your store.com/install or if your store is in a different directory let's say the directory is named 'store' it would be http://www.your store.com/store/install to initialize the installation routine. Then just follow the prompts and enter the information when asked.

If you just want to populate a database and have the sql file containing the database tables you can do that through your hosting control panel in phpMyAdmin.

Guest dillingerink

okay.. see I had looked at the readme. file in the cube cart folder and it said not to upload to your root directory..or that is how I interpereted it so that is where the confusion came in- it says to upload to a database ...Thanks!