Images with options

Guest penandpencils

Guest penandpencils

Can I post images with product options.

I have a number of products that can be ordered in different woods. I would like to display an image of each wood for the customer to see so they may select one. Is there any way to do this?

Can I post images with product options.

I have a number of products that can be ordered in different woods. I would like to display an image of each wood for the customer to see so they may select one. Is there any way to do this?

I don't know if this accomplishes what you want, but you can do what I did for a store that had shirts in different colors for each style. I did a "strip" image in Photoshop of each one in each color that I added to the product page below the main image, each color version labeled. I chose one color for the big main image and then had the strip of each one underneath so they could see how it looked in each color. They are smaller images, of course, but it got the point across so when they chose their color, they at least had an idea of what it was going to look like. You can, of course add as many full images as you want to the product page but that can get pretty massive.

If you want to have the main picture change with the menu choices, then you would have to get into some significant Javascripting for a client-side feature like that.

Just thought I'd put this simple solution out there for consideration as a way to do it without a lot of hassle as it works well for me.

Good Luck.

Another very good solution is to replace the stock "more images" function with a javascript more images popup mod. This way, you can have a strip of individual thumbnail images beneath the main image, and have a large version show in place of main image on clicking the thumbs.

This should not be too difficult for an adept coder to do, and there is already at least one commercial mod available at cubecart.org

• 7 months later...

Another very good solution is to replace the stock "more images" function with a javascript more images popup mod. This way, you can have a strip of individual thumbnail images beneath the main image, and have a large version show in place of main image on clicking the thumbs.

This should not be too difficult for an adept coder to do, and there is already at least one commercial mod available at cubecart.org

Just wanna say thanks! I found specifically what I have been spending nights thinking of, and looking for! Once again, this forum is the best! =)