I need to add text to the top of a catergory

I only need to add it to one catergory, its just a few words to explain to my cusomer why the catergory is empty for a couple of months.

I didnt think it would need a specific mod just an edit of a file somewhere?

I don't know how long a message you wish to have on that one category, but a work-around you might try is to create a dummy product in the category you wish to put your message, and have the product description be your message.

Of course, if you already have a bunch of products in this category, you'll want to make the dummy product first on the category page, so everyone gets the message.

I'm using 2 mods to do something similar: Category descriptions, and Hide products and categories. With those two mods, I can show a category or not, and I can hide the products in a category, or in every category the product appears, or an entire category all from the admin pages.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, use the Category Descriptions mod, and then only put your message on the one category.

-Carl