AdminCP in Cubecart Not working!

Guest Yukino

Guest Yukino

Ok, i just installed the most recent version of cubecart, all seemed to be going well.

i entered my root path correctly and i double checked it in the /includes/global file just to be. yet every time i go to log onto my admincp i get the following errors:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_04685e335980e933fb7ff977951e9148, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/web05/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web05/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php:45) in /hermes/web05/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/web05/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php:45) in /hermes/web05/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web05/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php:45) in /hermes/web05/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 49

this /hermes/web05/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/ is NOT the root path that i entered upon install and that shows in my global file. how do i resolve this? this error does not occur when i just access my store main page. that is fine. only for the admincp

and another error is that at the bottom of every page i have the following:

Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_04685e335980e933fb7ff977951e9148, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

HELP?!

Guest Yukino

Your error shows a path problem. Please post your global.inc contents minus your passwords of course. Sometimes this will happen if you do not add the www.

the following is my global settings, the part in bold is what my root path is supposed to be but as you can see in the error i posted above it's not showing up that way.

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'aex5';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'mysql12.powweb.com';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'password';

$glob['dbprefix'] = 'aestore_';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'user';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/users/web/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/store';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/store/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.anime-extreme.net/store';

?>

well, right now I'm getting

WARNING - Your store will not function until the install directory and/or upgrade.php is deleted from the server.

So you need to delete your install directory

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'aex5';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'mysql12.powweb.com';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'password';

$glob['dbprefix'] = 'aestore_';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'user';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/users/web/b2987/pow.aex/htdocs/store';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/store/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.anime-extreme.net/store';

?>

I would also recheck your database name - most hosts use a prefix for database names like "youraccount_aex5".

Also not sure about the pow.aex part - might want to check with your hosting company about the proper rootdirectory path to your store. Haven't seen many that have a "." in them.

ok. thanks for the response. i was so flustered previously i forgot to delete the install directory. that is gone so you will be able to view it.

i am 100% sure on both my database name and the way the root directory path is. I did triple check all those things. powweb hosting is odd that way. :(;;

as you will now be able to see the error it gives me for my direct root path is not the same as i have entered. so it's giving me an error on the main page as well as making the admin section unaccessable.

Uggg.....PowWeb.....YUK

I've had nothing but trouble with customers using them. Not trying to scare you off, but it seems all too common to have issues with them. They moved some sites & servers around a few months ago and demolished a couple of databases in the process. Their tech support is weak at best.

Now, about your issue.....

PHP will not lie to you about the file path. If using the path in the error doesn't work, then only PowWeb can help. I'm wondering if they're not running some sort of clustering or other setup that masks actual paths. Either way, something is not kosher.

:)

I thought after all of this that it could be something with powweb. grr.

I have posted a help request with them but have yet to receive any sort of reply. I'll keep trying I suppose.

Any ideas for a better hosting provider?

Just to let everyone know that I got this issue resolved. Hurray!

I had to contact powweb via their online chat support (as posting in their forums for over a week led to no results)

The issue was within the php.ini file and was something that powweb had to correct.

So if anyone finds themselves with a similar issue, contact your hosting provider support, as it's not an actual issue with Cubecart!

I want to thank everyone for all the help and advice you gave. I appreciate it.

Now off I go to play with my new store. Hurray!