Upgrading as Modding

This isn't really a request for help, just a note for others who may have been nervous about upgrading a modded store.

With the release of 3.0.15, I decided to try using the Changelog aspect of the upgrade process and found that it was presented in a very easy to understand manner. In fact, it went easier than some of the mods that I had installed.

What this tells me is that when it's time to upgrade a store, rather than to upload fresh files and apply all my mods all over again, all I have to do is to do 1 mod (the upgrade).

Since I hadn't modified many of the upgraded files, all I had to do was to upload those. But for the 5 or 6 files that had been modified, most of the changes for the upgrade were only a couple of changes per file.

Bottom line: Anyone who has a heavily modded store doesn't need to fear the upgrade process. It's a relatively easy mod in itself.

Bottom line: Anyone who has a heavily modded store doesn't need to fear the upgrade process. It's a relatively easy mod in itself.
I wonder what would you said having heavily modded cc3 3.0.8 (about 25 mods (8 major)) to the latest finished :P:)

Best is to upgrade every release is out almost imediately BUT who does have a time to do it? :lol:

True, doing that many all at once makes it even more complicated.

Upgrading 7 steps would be like installing 7 mods, I suppose.

Where I see the upgrade process being more complicated will be when 3.1 comes out and the functions of several mods are taken over by the core code itself. Especially if the core code handles the functions differently, then there will be database issues to deal with.

Even so, I realized myself that upgrading COULD be a lot easier than I thought it would be, and I just wanted to help others see it as I now see it, which is much less intimidating.

• 3 months later...

This isn't really a request for help, just a note for others who may have been nervous about upgrading a modded store.

With the release of 3.0.15, I decided to try using the Changelog aspect of the upgrade process and found that it was presented in a very easy to understand manner. In fact, it went easier than some of the mods that I had installed.

What this tells me is that when it's time to upgrade a store, rather than to upload fresh files and apply all my mods all over again, all I have to do is to do 1 mod (the upgrade).

Since I hadn't modified many of the upgraded files, all I had to do was to upload those. But for the 5 or 6 files that had been modified, most of the changes for the upgrade were only a couple of changes per file.

I wish I was as confident as you... I'm currently setting up a duplicate directory to start the process. I have a much older version though 3.0.10 and have a bunch of mods too. I will try the changelog method.