Question about CC License..

Hello,

I see in the cubecart code that it includes a file directly from oscommerce. I also see that much of the code appears to come from oscommerce with the only difference being the rewritten sql statements. If you compare the code, you can see that cc is 95% exactly the same as oscommerce. So I am wondering why no credit is given to Oscommerce and how can you offered a paid license on something that was not written 100% from scratch? It appears to have sections of OSC that were copied and pasted and then changed to use regular sql statements?

Forgive me if I am wrong... It just doesn't seem to add up.

Spin

This is absolute nonsense. Please compare the code of every file using CSV software and you will see the is absolutely NO code used in CubeCart which is from OSCommerce.

Please ensure you get you facts correct before posting a topic such as this.

CubeCart is 100% independant from OSCommerce. The only similarity is that product options works in a similar manner (similar functionality) however the code is completely unique from OSCommerce.

Guest broady

I reckon spindiggy is trying to get out of paying a licencse fee!

If you dont want to pay it fella, keep the copyright detials intact, else get very familiar with OSC and use that you plonker!

Paul

Hello,

I was not stating facts, I was asking a question. I'm sure if you spend 180+ hours customizing a shopping cart system to use with your site, you'd want to know that someone isn't going to tell you to remove it for license infringement.

I made the post because it was said in another post that Brooky has never even installed Oscommerce.. But Cubecart and Oscommerce/Zencart do seem a bit simular in appearance in certain areas.. Just like the product options that I noticed. This is why I asked the question in the original post because it didn't make sense to me.

This "was" mentioned to me and I wanted to make sure that I was not coding away on a cart that may be breaking another software license. I've done allot of work and that would surely be a nasty way to have to loose all of my time in coding to be told that I had to remove the cart for infringement.

In regards to Broady..

I reckon spindiggy is trying to get out of paying a licencse fee!

Yeah, Ok Broady... http://www.kickinpc.com

Get your facts straight before you acuse someone.. I've done allot of work to this cart and I "Want" to be sure that is is written from scratch and not infinging on any licenses.. I think as a Customer, Client or User.. That I surely have that right..

I would have also used my original forum username, cbunting, But I see it was removed along with all of my posts.. And it's nice to know there was a winner mentioned about the design contest just hours after Brooky replied to my question about it.. Seems to been a bit one sided to me.

Regards,

Spin

It's also nice to see how you respect people on the forums even when you don't even know who they are.. I spent time to release modified versions of CC on these forums that helped with the design process. I also released various mods here as well. But a post that was directed to Brooky was answered by users of the forums.. And some of the replies... Well, it just had no reason to even be posted.

From now on, I will not release any more of my mods because I see what kind of community that you have going here it seems.. And I also think that Brooky's attitude was a bit out of place.. I am 31, I'm not Brooky's age and being disrepected isn't something I enjoy when I have spent some of my own time giving to this very community.

Regards

Guest stijnj

to spindiggy aka cbunting :

your first post reads:

I see in the cubecart code that it includes a file directly from oscommerce. I also see that much of the code appears to come from oscommerce with the only difference being the rewritten sql statements. If you compare the code, you can see that cc is 95% exactly the same as oscommerce. So I am wondering why no credit is given to Oscommerce and how can you offered a paid license on something that was not written 100% from scratch? It appears to have sections of OSC that were copied and pasted and then changed to use regular sql statements?

next post :

I was not stating facts, I was asking a question.

DUH :wacko:

And it's nice to know there was a winner mentioned about the design contest just hours after Brooky replied to my question about it.. Seems to been a bit one sided to me.

read this post : the closing date will be the 1st of August 2004

+ it's Brooky's script/cart/contest/website, he does as he see fits

ps I visited the winners' website, he's totaly independent, i'm 99% sure he never even did 1 post in this forum. I for myself desided not to make an entry for the contest since Brooky asked me to moderate the forums a bit some time ago. To be 100% hounest : I created a new login screen for the admin, just as a joke.

I would have also used my original forum username, cbunting, But I see it was removed along with all of my posts

read this topic

and to qoute you again one more time :

Get your facts straight before you acuse someone

Case closed , Topic closed ! :)

This is suposed to be a board were people help (as you did before with adding mods and giving suggestions)and respect eachother , not fight eachother

peeww now i need a coffee :D