Free Downloads For Members ???

Guest robert8450

Guest robert8450

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to make free downloads (for digital products) only available to members that create an account or log in?

I know that seems like a stupid question, but when I add an item and set it $0 price, it still makes the visitor go through the "check out" ...and then what are they suppose to do? send a paypal payment for $0 ?? (obviously paypal wont allow that) - any thoughts?

Also, if free downloads are possible, is there a way to set limits on the number of free downloads a member / customer can do in a certain amount of time or would that be the same setup as normal digital product settings? (i.e - don't want to totally destory my server bandwidth in one day :)

There are a couple of mods available that will allow for free download products. Check over at cubecart.org for them.

The mods that I am aware of will create a new payment gateway (free) that bypasses the other gateways to complete an order for free stuff. With this, the free download is also limited by time and number of attempts like any other download.

I'm not aware of any mod that will create a permanent download link that is valid only when a customer is logged in, but that seems to be the thing you're looking for. Perhaps you can post a mod request over at the .org site.

I am sure there is a mod that only allows people to view products when logged in.

Whether you could get something that allows only those logged in to see the free products but anyone can see the pay-for products?

• 11 months later...
Guest threedeegee

PM sent

care to send me a PM as well?

I am looking to do the same thing.

The site that I am using now (mambo) is just too large for my needs and am going to be using this as the content managment of choice.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aliceaod

PM sent

care to send me a PM as well?

I am looking to do the same thing.

The site that I am using now (mambo) is just too large for my needs and am going to be using this as the content managment of choice.

Me too? I want to see if this is the same one that I'm currently using or is something different cos I want to have, in addition to pay-for stuff, "freebies" on the site as well.

PM sent

Hi, I have also looked on cubecart.org for the free downloads thing that is mentioned and I cannot seem to find it neither, could you possibly send me a PM also...

Thanks for your time

Ravens