Another Website For Your Comments

Guest Pete_bolton

Guest Pete_bolton

Hi

Have a look at All Things Bouncy.com

This is the lastest version of Cubecart with a modifed version of Killer_Dark that i got free from this website.

Please dont mok the site if you dont like the music,

The site is based around being in a night club and the colours reflect that, black, green (lazerlights) headphones.

What do you think

Orders are coming in so some people like it!

Pete

ps. I will be creating a link page within my site, if you want to swap links email throgh the website, uk only please

Guest paulabakerparkin

Hi

Have a look at All Things Bouncy.com

This is the lastest version of Cubecart with a modifed version of Killer_Dark that i got free from this website.

Please dont mok the site if you dont like the music,

The site is based around being in a night club and the colours reflect that, black, green (lazerlights) headphones.

What do you think

Orders are coming in so some people like it!

Pete

ps. I will be creating a link page within my site, if you want to swap links email throgh the website, uk only please

Although it is easy to navigate, I do feel that this site doesn't look too different from all the other new CubeCart stores out there and looks like a new store.

But if the sales are coming in...then who cares!

Overall, you've done a fine job with selecting the colors for your target market. There's probably more you COULD do with the layout and with modifying the default language of the cart.

I think what Paula is referring to when she said that it looks like a CubeCart store is the order of the side blocks and the titles used to label them. "Shop by Category" certainly tags it as a CubeCart store, as does the language used in the mailing list block. Having the popular products block right under the featured product block is also another CubeCart signature, as is the layout of the latest products on the home page.

There's nothing 'wrong' with looking like a CubeCart store. My site is based on a very lightly edited stock template and it does fine. You want people to be able to find what they're looking for, and if the layout of the store is familiar, then they won't get confused and leave without buying. Most grocery stores you walk into are all laid out in a similar fashion, as are most clothing stores. What changes from store to store are the colors, the graphics, and the style in which things are presented.

Since the layout of the pages and blocks are all controlled with templates, you can make the store look like anything you want without ever having to touch the PHP files. Changing the language is currently another matter, as you'll have to edit the lang.inc.php file for each language your store uses. As I understand it, this will change in 3.1 with the language variables becoming editable in the admin interface.

But the bottom line is how profitable your site is. Making sales is good, although you'll want to look at the conversion ratio - the percentage of your total visitors that complete a purchase. Average sites convert 1% or less of their visitors to sales, while great sites convert up to 5% or more.

But even conversion rate isn't the most important thing. ROI is the real bottom-line number. If you invest $100 to promote your site and that results in $1000 of profit, then you have an ROI of 1000%, which is very good.

Guest Pete_bolton

Thanks for taking the time to write that,

I agree with what you have said and im going to move round the boxes. I know how to move the boxes round,

But where do i edit the "shop by category" title and the search box titles? ?

Pete

Guest Pete_bolton

As I pointed out, the language is edited in the lang.inc.php files, under the languages directory.

Thanks for the help, i got a free pdf from .org that has really helped, i only needed to edit

/my_skin/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl

<!-- BEGIN: categories -->

<div class="boxTitleLeft">Call Me Anything</div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">

<ul>

"Call Me Anything" was{LANG_CATEGORY_TITLE}

Sweet :rolly:

That does work, especially if you won't be using any alternate languages for your site.

Editing the lang.inc.php file isn't difficult, though. Just open it with a text editor, search for the phrase you want to change, make the edit, and resave the file (to the server).

One thing that might be worth considering is changing the theme to a fixed width rather than having it fill the whole window. This may well be a personal thing but I feel that a store with a small amount of items looks much better when they a shown in a fixed width skin rather than one which takes up the full browser window but has nothing much in it. If you get what i mean. Full width stores look great if you have loads of stuff to sell but they can look pretty ghostly if you only have a couple of items.

Gav.