Where is config.inc.php located?

Guest chrisjchrisj

Guest chrisjchrisj

Specifically, where is config.inc.php located?

/includes

Could you be more specific?

Are you saying public_html/MyStore/includes?

Because I don't have a confg.in.php there.

Is it possible that I installed the latest cubecart and it didn't include this file?

Guest chrisjchrisj

Im sorry - your actually looking for the wrong file, the file is called global.inc.php and will be in /public_html/Root Of Your Store/includes/

It has to be there or your store wouldnt function :dizzy:

Thanks for that clarification. I was wondering because I have these errors when I open my Admin. . Can anyone help me with them?

Warning: main(language/language/config.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/language.inc.php on line 50

Warning: main(language/language/config.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/language.inc.php on line 50

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'language/language/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/language.inc.php on line 50

thanks. I look forward to any clues as to how to remedy this.

config.inc.php resides in each of your language folders. For instance, English language, open language/en/config.inc.php

That folder will also contain a lang.inc.php that contains the language terms. At the end of lang.inc.php the file config.inc.php is called.

Recently, a bug that has appeared on certain servers is an incorrect path for config.inc.php ~ that appears to be your problem, as in the error messages I see this:

language/language/config.inc.php

language folder is being called twice, this is your problem.

two ways to handle this, have your host figure out which php setting on the server is throwing this off, or rewrite the patch to config.inc.php

For more info on the problem and some cures, search the installation problems area of the forum.

Guest chrisjchrisj

config.inc.php resides in each of your language folders. For instance, English language, open language/en/config.inc.php

That folder will also contain a lang.inc.php that contains the language terms. At the end of lang.inc.php the file config.inc.php is called.

Recently, a bug that has appeared on certain servers is an incorrect path for config.inc.php ~ that appears to be your problem, as in the error messages I see this:

language/language/config.inc.php

language folder is being called twice, this is your problem.

two ways to handle this, have your host figure out which php setting on the server is throwing this off, or rewrite the patch to config.inc.php

For more info on the problem and some cures, search the installation problems area of the forum.

Thank you for your analysis. I have searched the install forum without success. My store was working fine until i installed Goobers Discount MOD. One of the three folders to upload was a language file. Could this simply be in the wrong place?

After the install, I went to mystore/admin and that is where I saw these errors. What do you think. Help please. thank you.

Ah, that is a telling bit of info though, perhaps you pasted wrong in that file.

All the mod authors are doing is creating separate lang files for their mods - less for you to worry about when upgrading your store as long as you do not overwrite the config.inc.php file.

You would have needed to paste and include for his new file in config.inc.php

Since you had no problem before the mod, pleas check this carefully

In fact, it is a very tiny file - please post the full content of config.inc.php here

Guest chrisjchrisj

Ah, that is a telling bit of info though, perhaps you pasted wrong in that file.

All the mod authors are doing is creating separate lang files for their mods - less for you to worry about when upgrading your store as long as you do not overwrite the config.inc.php file.

You would have needed to paste and include for his new file in config.inc.php

Since you had no problem before the mod, pleas check this carefully

In fact, it is a very tiny file - please post the full content of config.inc.php here

Thanks so much for replying to my post. I greatly appreciate your effort.

Here is the file:

<?php

$langName = "English";

$charsetIso = "iso-8859-1";

$strftime = "%A %e, %B %Y";

//.: Discounts by Order Value mod http://www.alexgoldberg.com/cubemods :.

include("lang_order_discount.inc.php");

//.: Discounts by Order Value mod :.

?>

Any ideas? Thanks again.

it looks correct as long as there is NO SPACE beyond the closing ?>

we are back to the server path problems.

Please now post the content of includes/global.inc.php, but remove your database name and password - also hide your username in your server root path before posting publicly, just put xx where you removed something and leave all slashes in place. I doubt your problem is there, but it's the most important file in your store for paths so we'll take a look

Guest chrisjchrisj

it looks correct as long as there is NO SPACE beyond the closing ?>

we are back to the server path problems.

Please now post the content of includes/global.inc.php, but remove your database name and password - also hide your username in your server root path before posting publicly, just put xx where you removed something and leave all slashes in place. I doubt your problem is there, but it's the most important file in your store for paths so we'll take a look

Thanks again for your assistance.

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx' ;

$glob['dbhost' ] = 'localhost' ;

$glob['dbusername'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx' ;

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx' ;

$glob['dbprefix' ] = '' ;

$glob['installed' ] = '1' ;

$glob['rootDir' ] = '/home/mywebsite/public_html/catalog' ;

$glob['rootRel' ] = '/catalog/' ;

$glob['storeURL' ] = 'http://mywebsite.com/catalog' ;

?>

I look forward to your analysis.

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'language/language/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/language.inc.php on line 50

Any of the real php gurus around here are going to see me as an idiot reading all this I think.

I'm just trying to learn, but it's a struggle.

Reading the error messages, the trouble seems to be here in language.inc.php

include($path."/".$folder."/config.inc.php");

That's line 50. The value of $folder in that statement should be "en" but instead it's "language"

Now to figure out why?

@chrisjchrisj Do remove language folder which exists under language folder at your store and all will be fine.

Make sure you uploaded mod language folder to the store root folder and please do not post any link to any modder store because of forum rules :dizzy:

Guest chrisjchrisj

@chrisjchrisj Do remove language folder which exists under language folder at your store and all will be fine.

Make sure you uploaded mod language folder to the store root folder and please do not post any link to any modder store because of forum rules :dizzy:

thanks. that was it, I had the mod language file in the wrong place.

Thanks for everyone's help.

As far as posting a link, it wasn't intentional.

thanks again everybody.