Meta Tag Question

Guest prissanna

Guest prissanna

I know cube cart has meta tags built in. I've got all of that filled out. But, I've seen on some websites where they have this tag <meta name="robots" content="ALL"> Does that help your site any? I've got access to make that part of my tag, but I was reading here last night that most of you just use the meta tag section in the control panel of CP.

Guest prissanna

Most SE's don't read robot text anymore and there's evidence to suggest that Meta tags aren't given much consideration anymore as well. Body content is more important. You can use the meta content in admin without any problems.

Do you mind looking at my website and seeing what you think about the body content? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is your content as a spider sees it:

Search for: Welcome Guest [Login | Register] About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Returns & Exchanges | Shipping | Size Chart Shop by Category Homepage Chemises Pegnoirs Babydolls Long Gowns Plus Cami Sets Bustiers & Corsets Teddies Mini Dresses Hosiery Sale Items Featured Product Sweet Tease Sheer Painted Babydoll Shopping Basket Your basket is empty. 0Items in cart: $0.00Total: View Basket Mailing List Subscribe to our mailing list below: Email: Welcome to Bellsbowsandwhistles.com! Every woman's boutique ... No matter what her size.Sizes range from small to 6X. Take a look and be prepared at bedtime! We offer sexy, curvy, glamorous lingerie. Lingerie is one of the most romantic gifts a man can give the woman he loves. Lingerie is also something a woman can pamper herself with! Every woman deserves to feel loved and beautiful! Shopping at Bellsbowsandwhistles.com is easy, secure, and discreet and you can shop in the comfort and privacy of your own home! Open 24 hours a day!!! Take a look around and have fun! Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to bookmark our site and return again and again! Latest Products Exotic Satin Bodice Gown $38.99 Strapless Corset $37.99 Bedazzling Red Corset Style Babydoll $42.99 Cherry Cami Set $34.99 Hotter than Fire! Long Gown $29.99 Feather Stripper Robe $36.99 Powered by CubeCart™Copyright Devellion Limited 2006. All rights reserved.

These are your meta tags:

description: Every woman's boutique ... no matter her size. A safe and discreet way to shop for sexy lingerie. Regular and plus sizes!

keywords: lingerie, women's lingerie, lingerie clothing, plus size lingerie, sleepwear, plus size, intimate apparel, plus lingerie, baby doll, sexy lingerie, hot lingerie, bridal lingerie, see through lingerie, BBW

I am in the SEO business so I won't go into a critique. Decide for yourself the relationship between your description, keywords and site content.

You should also do some key word research to find out if yours are competitive and reasonable.

Words like lingerie, sleepwear, etc are not competitive. I would expect that you would not do well as these are too general and if you ranked at all it would probably be on page 10,000 and that's like not being ranked at all. You will have to be more specific like black Benghal lace lingerie. Get the idea?

Guest prissanna

Hmmm ... so the crawlers and stuff are looking for things like that? I thought they were looking for search words that people used in search engines. Wow! More stuff for me to figure out. I so appreciate your taking time to tell me this!!!

Guest Meow Meow

Words like lingerie, sleepwear, etc are not competitive. I would expect that you would not do well as these are too general and if you ranked at all it would probably be on page 10,000 and that's like not being ranked at all. You will have to be more specific like black Benghal lace lingerie. Get the idea?

+++

Roban -

This is very interesting. Would you recommend a few good reads under this subject? Perhaps, this post should be pinned so everyone can benefit from it, what do you think? :rolly: