URGENT - Cube Cart Hosting required

I am in urgent need of reliable fast hosting for cube cart. My site is currently has the search engine mod, so needs to have 'lookback and forcetype' enabled.

Can anyone help of give reccomendations and help with this ASAP.

Cheers Tim

Guest paulabakerparkin

I use Media Temple.

I'm thinking of changing over to Media Temple, as the name goes hand in hand with design. What are your thoughts on the company?

Paula

I am in urgent need of reliable fast hosting for cube cart. My site is currently has the search engine mod, so needs to have 'lookback and forcetype' enabled.

Cheers Tim

As you're based in the UK I would highly recommend uk web solutions direct they are fantastic, and in the seven years I have been with them I have never had a complaint!

Paula

Link deleted. Please read forum rules regarding advertising.

Guest paulabakerparkin

They seem to have quite a cult like following of cool media companies.

They really do, all the 'cool' sites have their [mt] media temple logo! It's not badly priced too especially with the strong £ to the $.

Media Temple I like a lot. Good packages, 24/7 phone support.

The package we've got suits us well with plenty of bandwidth on new grid servers.

I would recommend them and use them for personal sites as well. I'm UK based but don't mind using US companies - I just make sure support is up to scratch.

I know that nobody is perfect and that all hosts end up with some problems at some time. Media Temple has theres as well

I'm not for one second saying that they are perfect... no company is!

Guest Brivtech

I want to add to this thread. I've deleted several links that were made in posts. These are not permitted, and forum rules state that advertising is not allowed. Suffice to say, I'm being tolerant by allowing this topic to run, and if I see any more links given, I'll close it.

Please keep this topic to an academic study of a host's advantages/disadvantages rather than use it as an advertising board. You don't see me plugging hosting services, becuase I would be breaking forum rules regarding self-promotion and advertising.

At the end of the day, there are literally 100,000's of hosts eager for your business. Some offer better packages than others, some offer better quality of service, and some offer a good compromise. My recommendation would be to see what the host's reliability is like (Like their uptime log and guarantee), and compare that with what they offer in web space and bandwidth, coupled with their quality of technical support - Is there always someone to talk to 24 hours a day when something has gone wrong?

I think this topic should be listing the factors that should be considered for web-hosting. Also, the topic creator was asking for specific information relating to hosting:

My site is currently has the search engine mod, so needs to have 'lookback and forcetype' enabled.

and the answers given were not specifically aimed at this. Shame on you lot!