Cant get past step 4 help

Guest meredith

Guest meredith

Okay, im very new to cubecart. Im trying to install it and im hosted on godaddy. I can't get past step 4 of the file permissions. I have the permissions setup correctly in the directory management but it won't let me go past it. Would it be because im hosted on a windows server? Should i switch to linux? anybody help.

Thanks!

Guest meredith

Yes, i have both PHP and Mysql running. My sites hosted on a windows box. im just getting the error that includes/global can't be written because of permissions. I have everything setup properly. I was thinking about doing a manual install, but im a newbie.

• 4 months later...
Guest esnail

Yes, i have both PHP and Mysql running. My sites hosted on a windows box. im just getting the error that includes/global can't be written because of permissions. I have everything setup properly. I was thinking about doing a manual install, but im a newbie.

Its a long time since your post but I was wondering if you got it sorted. It seems to me as all you needed to do was set read/write permissions for the folder containing the globals file - this can easily be done through plesk or whichever console your host uses.