Key Word Analysis???

Guest prissanna

perhaps because you have your full url as the title? don't know, but you could try taking off the .com and then run the analysis and see if it says the same thing.

Guest prissanna

perhaps because you have your full url as the title? don't know, but you could try taking off the .com and then run the analysis and see if it says the same thing.

Thanks! I will try that.

Guest paulabakerparkin

Ok, I've changed everything I can think of but my logo. Could that be causing it to redirect?

No it is not your logo. The reason why it is saying redirecting is becuase you are typing the following url to search on keywords:

www.bellsbowsandwhistles.com

but when someone visits this link is redirects to www.bellsbowsandwhistles.com/Store. So if you type in:

www.bellsbowsandwhistles.com/Store

you will see the keywords, with 99 being your top one!

Paula

Guest prissanna

About keywords - is it better to have a high number of unique keywords? The reason I ask is that one of my competitors has 68 unique keywords on her front page and I have over 400. She's ranked high in search engines.

Search engines read the text in your pages, not your meta tags. They look in the <body> for keywords they are spidering. If your page has the words 'vitamins' and 'nutrients' then the search engine will pick on those individual words and there's nothing you can do about it nor would you want to assuming you're optimizing for those words. Most search engines will ignore your meta tags since they are abused and copied by unscrupulous webmasters.

The keywords meta tag does very little, if anything, for you with most search engines these days. However the keywords meta tag can't do any harm so it can be useful as 'homework' to remind you what a particular page is being optimized for. The only down side is that a competitor might check your keywords meta tag and learn something about how you see your products.

For example, let's take a vitamin site that is optimized for a key phrase 'coral calcium'.

The place where the keywords count is in the body of the text and certainly there it is possible that search engines might get confused about a keyword like coral calcium. I don't think it's a big problem though since by now a search engine like Google is analyzing the whole set of meanings on the web page (semantic analysis). I would assume that if you have a web page on calcium nutrients and coral calcium, then even with the normal repetition of these terms within the web page, the search engine will never confuse that web page with web pages about the calcium enhancing effects of coral in an aquarium.

I would even go so far as to say that you can remove your meta tags if you want without suffering any penalties from the search engines.