Copyright shifting the the right

Guest paulabakerparkin

Guest paulabakerparkin

Hello,

Can someone please help me out of this pickle...I just can't find out the reason why the copyright text is showing to the right of the main body, instead of underneath. I've checked all my div's and I can't find the problem.

Please help me as I've been spending hours on it! :)

http://ww.projeto.co.uk/tpl

Paula

Guest paulabakerparkin

The only copyrights I see are CubeCart and SEO - and they are centered on the page in FF2 and IE6, Paula

Centered underneath the body? I'm looking at IE7/6 and FF and they are positioned to the right of the body at the top of the page.

Guest paulabakerparkin

I see them centered beneath all else, as is standard

Check your link, did you give us the correct site?

That is strange. I've just had a friend check the site and it is on the right as well for them. It is the correct link...

Guest paulabakerparkin

Just refreshed in both browsers, and allis still as expected to be. Screenshot

Ahh that is because you are viewing in a 1024px window and I'm viewing 1600px. When it is a larger window it moves to the right...

OK - so your site is not centered. You are not using the typical margin: 0px auto; to center it.

You need to change the css for copyrights so it doesn't center as well. Or center the site. Seems the site is floating left, thus releasing the centered copyright to float upward on high resolutions

Guest paulabakerparkin

OK - so your site is not centered. You are not using the typical margin: 0px auto; to center it.

You need to change the css for copyrights so it doesn't center as well. Or center the site. Seems the site is floating left, thus releasing the centered copyright to float upward on high resolutions

I've change the css for the copyright to float:left; and there is still no difference other than it is now left aligned on the right handside. I've tried it without the float as well, and no difference.

Thank you for helping me Mark!

It shifts to the right for me in FF and IE6.

Check you have an equal number of opening DIVs as closing DIVs, which I do think you have but easier to check on the template. There is definately something not quite right, but tracking it down will be the tough one. Try eliminating things to see if it makes a difference to the behavour of the footer text.

Guest paulabakerparkin

It shifts to the right for me in FF and IE6.

Check you have an equal number of opening DIVs as closing DIVs, which I do think you have but easier to check on the template. There is definately something not quite right, but tracking it down will be the tough one. Try eliminating things to see if it makes a difference to the behavour of the footer text.

I've been trying that for the last five hours! I'm going to have to come back to it tomorrow with fresh eyes! ;)

Guest paulabakerparkin

You have so much styling inside the HTML, it is very difficult to debug.

But if you add <br clear="all"/> just after the last DIV in the global template, this should fix it I think.

Robsta you're a genius!

I know I have far to much styling within the script, and I am now going through it all assigning the classes instead through css!...learning the hard way! ;)

Paula

Guest paulabakerparkin

Robsta you're a genius!
;):D

You still have a problem with resolutions narrower than what the site is designed for. The main content jumps below the left column.

I've set it up for a 1024px window. Do you think I should set it for 800px?

Robsta you're a genius!

You still have a problem with resolutions narrower than what the site is designed for. The main content jumps below the left column.

The question you should ask yourself is whether you are happy that customers who have smaller browser windows (usually windowed) not being able to use your site.

Guest paulabakerparkin

Robsta you're a genius!

The question you should ask yourself is whether you are happy that customers who have smaller browser windows (usually windowed) not being able to use your site.

I'm going to have to change it aren't I? Why does it drop down though and not just scroll to the right?

Robsta you're a genius!

I'm going to have to change it aren't I? Why does it drop down though and not just scroll to the right?

Because you have a fluid layout using floating DIVs, and nothing in place to restrict its movement.

Guest bikedevil1983

I can't help you with the copyrights, but I did want to tell you, that your site doesn't look nice in my browser...the menu is above the main page...wich i think is not the idea...

I saw the screenshot from markscart, and that was nice, but I see it totally different...

perhaps also a issue of the settings of your borders?

I watched it in IE7, 1200x800