kaskudoo, I like your site design

Guest osu9400

Guest osu9400

I'm obviously still trying to decide on which cart to use and CubeCart seems popular and easy to use. I installed CC as a demo and noticed there were 3 built in skins. I don't care for the 3 included skins. I really like the design of your site. It is simple, clean, and friendly.

I have experience building sites, but not integrating them with anything like CubeCart. How did you build your site? Did you build a CC template? Did you build a site then integrates CC into your design? Is there a good a document on how to do this?

For example, on this page (http://www.chocolateriewanders.com/shop/index.php) you have a category list, a shopping cart 'widget' and various items from your catalog. How did you integrate these three items into your own design?

Thanks for your help.

Guest paulabakerparkin

I'm obviously still trying to decide on which cart to use and CubeCart seems popular and easy to use. I installed CC as a demo and noticed there were 3 built in skins. I don't care for the 3 included skins. I really like the design of your site. It is simple, clean, and friendly.

I have experience building sites, but not integrating them with anything like CubeCart. How did you build your site? Did you build a CC template? Did you build a site then integrates CC into your design? Is there a good a document on how to do this?

For example, on this page (http://www.chocolateriewanders.com/shop/index.php) you have a category list, a shopping cart 'widget' and various items from your catalog. How did you integrate these three items into your own design?

Thanks for your help.

You are probably best to send this message as a PM to Kaskudoo as he/she may not see this post.

I can give you a few pointers though:

Most stores orignate from one of the three skins available and with either a little or a lot of modification your store can be changed to suit the look required.

In regards to the site you are talking about, a novice with time and patience can create. The template runs from css so if your confident with this you'll be confident with transforming the site.

Both this forum and Cubecart.org have a whole host of information and people on it that can help you to do things that you may not be able to do. There are also a variety of free and paid for modifications that can be used to change the way your store works.

Paula

Guest kaskudoo

hey thanks :)

uhm, i started out with the killer theme i think - i am a fan of pages, which adapt to the viewers screen.

i am also a fan of CSS and i replaced almost all tables with it - my goal was to design a page that relys entirely on css -- now this is not easy, especially because of IE6 - beginners should maybe use tables to some extend.

the categories i did with a mod called 'advanced expanding categories' (look at cubecart.org) ... the shopping cart was already in the killer theme, i just moved it up there.

cubecart is fairly easy to design - everything is based on TPL files, which i edit in a simple text editor. ou can move around boxes inside those. the styling is done by CSS and leaves a lot of room to play.

some things i would like changed, but are too hard for me to do (i am not that good with php)

i started out looking at my own site (www.chocolateriewanders.com) and then tried to integrate cubecart - i think almost anyone can do that with his/her site, since cubecart is very customizable.

next step is to come away from the boxy look and make it flow a little better - more images / nicer experience

last word: i make my living with chocolate, everyone who likes to make websites or is determined to do it can do it like me .... however, be ready to spend some time on it or to pay someone (-> cubecart.org again)