Secret Desire

Guest Desire

Hi all

I was hoping i could have feed back on my site from some of you top dogs. We still very new out it

I am getting 250 hits perday but with little conversion. Obviosly i need to increase this conversion rate.

Please be honest and if possible Ideas on how to change this if need be.

Web site = www.secretdesire.co.nz

Please no coments about the models, I have heard them all. :)

Guest paulabakerparkin

Hi all

I was hoping i could have feed back on my site from some of you top dogs. We still very new out it

I am getting 250 hits perday but with little conversion. Obviosly i need to increase this conversion rate.

Please be honest and if possible Ideas on how to change this if need be.

Web site = www.secretdesire.co.nz

Please no coments about the models, I have heard them all. :)

The site very much looks like most of the basic sites around as you have not changed the basic template. I would gather that this is why you are not acheiving a very high conversion as the site does not look professional enough. There are alot of lingere stores around, many with superb designs.

I can help you redesign your site if you would like in order to increase sales, PM me if you are interested.

Paula

I have to agree that the template has a very unpolished look to it, particularly the header image. The rest of the template is okay, although since it is a default template, there are many, many online shops using the same (or very similar) design.

To succeed online, you have to distinguish yourself from the many other sites that offer pretty much the same thing. The market you are targeting has many options to choose from, so you have to give them a good, solid reason to choose you instead of the 100 other sites selling similar merchandise.

That being said, when you say your conversions are low, what is the percentage exactly? Even the best sites convert 5% of less of their visitors to sales, and the average online is less than 1%. Considering the merchandise you're selling, I'd expect that you'll do well to break the 1% level.

Another number to pay close attention to is the average value per visitor. If you have 1000 visitors, and make $1000 worth of sales, the average visitor is worth $1. My site averages about $0.52 per visitor, which is on the low side. As long as your average visitor value is greater than the cost of getting traffic to your site (and the cost of the merchandise itself), you're making a profit. After that, it's just a matter of getting as much traffic as you can.

To do better than the average, you may want to think about ways that you can add extra value to the items you sell without adding significantly to your costs. Maybe you could do it with great persuasive copy, adding to the descriptions of each item a "mini-fantasy" that creates a vivid picture in the mind of your visitor and makes them want to buy from you NOW! That might be unique enough to set your site apart from all the others selling the same stuff.

Guest Meow Meow

These are excellent feedbacks. Just look around, visit some professional websites to get the idea. You are doing a fine job - you'll get there, just keep at it. :)