SSL Problems

Guest midwest

Guest midwest

Hi Guy's and Gals.

Well, I have this SSL Problem, but with a bit of a twist. Basically, I goofed and cannot access the Admin Panel. I believe, after reading ummm, say 100 post here on the subject , that I know where the problem resides. However, need to acces the ADM Panel to do the fix.

Downloaded and followed the instructions for the Config Tool, but it will not come up in the browser after I Downloaded and unzipped it to my hard drive then uploaded to Server. Hence the twist.

My host has been very helpful and has been able to bring up a BU for me a couple of times while attempting to configure this thing. (Yes I was a dummy and did not download a BU first. )

I have again asked them to reinstall for me, but would like to have the option of trying to get it taken care of myself this weekend.

If you can get me past this Config Tool thing, or tell me how else to switch the SSL off, I would be gratefull.

I am using a Shared SSL.

I am using C-Panel

I Have CC 3.0.13

Thanks eternally for the help.

midwest :dizzy:

Guest midwest

How are you using the config tool. have you uploaded to your store's root and run http://www.yourstore/editconf.php I have never seen it to fail.

Hi Roban,

Thank you for your assitance-

I used the exact proccedure outlined in the Read Me Text.

Downloaded the file to my hard drive.

Unzipped

Uploaded the editconf via C Panel to my /home/myuserid/public_html/catalog.

In C Panel, it then gives you a URL link in which to open, which in my case is http://www.mywebsitename.com/catalog/edicconf.php.

I also tried typing it directly into the browser add. bar with no luck.

After uploading, also tried the "View File" from C Panel , and although it did show up in a new window, no options were available for the dropdown menu.

I have tried 3 times as I thought it my have gotten corrupted on downloading or uploading.

The only other thing I could think of is that I needed to upload the entire unzipped file.

Thanks agian for the help roban

Guest midwest

In your link you have edicconf.php and it should be editconf.php. Try uploading via FTP.

That is just a Typo in this post. Not the actual link. It is correct in the file.

So, I am assuming I did everything else correctly?

Thanks,