Centering logo in Killer Skin

Guest aaudette

Guest aaudette

I want to remove the search box from my skin and center my topHeader logo. using the Killer skin. I have looked in each and every .css and .tpl file and cannot find a way to do this. Before I give up I thought I'd ask this forum if there is a way to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest aaudette

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested but the logo stays on the left margin. My guess is even though I deleted the search box, somewhere it is formatted to insert the search box to the right of the logo and the space for the search box remains making me unable to center the logo. Does that make sense?

Have you tried <div align="center"><div id="topHeader"></div> in index.tpl

Guest typopunk

Hello aaudette,

to center the top logo in the Killer skin you need to edit the stylesheet: Open skins/Killer/styleSheets/layout.css and look for the definition of #topHeader (some lines after the beginning of the sheet). Then add background-position: center; at the section's end. So it looks like that:

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

height: 100px;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif);

background-repeat: no-repeat;

background-position: center;

}

That's all. Good luck! :sourcerer:

Guest aaudette

That did the trick! It's great to have a place to go so helpful people like you can point me to the right spot literally saving hours of searching.

thanks again

Hello aaudette,

to center the top logo in the Killer skin you need to edit the stylesheet: Open skins/Killer/styleSheets/layout.css and look for the definition of #topHeader (some lines after the beginning of the sheet). Then add background-position: center; at the section's end. So it looks like that:

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

height: 100px;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif);

background-repeat: no-repeat;

background-position: center;

}

That's all. Good luck! :)