DROP DOWN MENU???

Is there any way to put a drop down menu within the product page? I have a few products that have different options...

Such as Jumpsoles - Small - medium - large.... I would like to have a drop down menu that lets them choose the size to purchase...

Please let me know if this is possible... and how to do it.

Thanks,

Dustin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thomaswhiteeagle

Ok convict, here's a good one in the same realm only different and more complex. My research has as of yet to avail me of the answer.

It is in the same category of options but I need a modification.

Client A has a product which has 127 potential options. Each one is numbered 1 thru 127. The options don't really have any values beyond the numbering system itself as each customer already knows which number goes with what because they already have the product and are coming in to order the options other than that each one chosen adds $3.00 to the total.

Obviously that part is easy to do but poses a few aesthetic problems I would like to correct if possible. For one, 127 options creates a rather long drop down box. For two, customer has to click the drop down box and enter over and over again to select the options. Ex, Customer A wants 3 of option 2 and 4 of option 5 and 1 of option 6, well that is eight times customer has to click drop down box and make selection.

of itself that is acceptable if cannot figure out a better way.

Maybe someone knows of a better way??

BUT, the biggest problem I would like to find a fix for is that when they do this and it updates the basket it pulls the item name into the basket you know 1x item name, and 2x item name, etc. I would hope to find a way to pull the option name into the basket as seen while still on the item page that would be an ideal fix as then customer would visually be able to see what they have clicked before checking out. (It does show the options when they check out but not until).

Ultimately I would like to be able to build the options into the form itself but alas...

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

This is exactly the post I've been searching for. My problem is that I just don't understand the 'PRODUCT OPTIONS' aspect of CC at all. I've repeatedly read CONVICT's reply to DUSTIN and I don't understand that either.

It feels like one of those puzzle pictures, you can't see the hidden woman or whatever it is that you're meant to for days and days. Then something clicks and you see it every time.

I've been learning a lot in general, added mods, moved boxes and changed the some of the look of the site and yet this is completely defeating me. If someone could please have pity and do a sub-idiots guide for me, step by step that would be awesome!

On a related topic, lets say I have three options like A, B and C. I have 10 of A, 5 of the B and 1 of C. Will CC show that the small is sold out when it is bought but still show the others?

Thanks!

Guest valencia

Hello!

On a related topic, lets say I have three options like A, B and C. I have 10 of A, 5 of the B and 1 of C. Will CC show that the small is sold out when it is bought but still show the others?

Thanks!

Re Product Options:

In Admin/Product Option, you set up your options.

Firstly, you need to add your product options. Each one will be assigned by the cart, a product option id.

1. Create an option (e.g. Colour)

You enter the attribute/product option in the box and click to add.

So if you want your option to be for colour, you would type colour in the box and click to add option. So you would have options as below.

ID Option Name

10 colour

11 flavour

2. Create an option value (e.g. Red, Blue)

Now that you have created the option, you need the attributes. At the bottom of Step 2, when you use the dropdown box, you have the options you created in Step 1. So you could choose colour in the drop down box and then enter the various colours in the box beside and click 'Add Attribute". This add the colours attribute to the Option- 'Colour'. Be careful, if you choose a different Option such as Flavour from the dropdown box, but put a colour(e.g. green) in the attribute box, instead of a flavour (e.g. opina colada), this is what will be reflected.

ID Option Name Option

117 colour black+white

109 colour blue

34 colour blue print

3. Assign option & value to product (e.g. T-Shirt > Colour > Red)

For this, use the list of products and add the options as needed to each product, like as above. You can also add varying cost to each option.

Hope this helps, I am not exactly the best at instructions :yeahhh:

Almost forgot...for the option to have stock levels for individual options, such as Sizes- small, medium, large

You need a mod over at Cubecart.org that allows you to set up stock levels for each option you have created. The basic cubecart does not allow this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jrmgolem

I think I have finally come to understand how the options work. The only thing I want to do thats different si!

We are a car leasing company, so, if I have a product eg, a BMW Z4 I want to have options for 3, 6, 9, 12 months leases. Obviously each level is either cheaper or more expensive depending how you view it. So the customer can choose his lease term and pay the deposit for the vehicle which means that once the deposit has been paid, the car is ordered!

Could someone help me with this?

Guest valencia

I think I have finally come to understand how the options work. The only thing I want to do thats different si!

We are a car leasing company, so, if I have a product eg, a BMW Z4 I want to have options for 3, 6, 9, 12 months leases. Obviously each level is either cheaper or more expensive depending how you view it. So the customer can choose his lease term and pay the deposit for the vehicle which means that once the deposit has been paid, the car is ordered!

Could someone help me with this?

For each option- i.e. 3 6,9,12 months leases, simply add (+) or subtract (-) the price differences for each lease period.

Thus a BMW Z4 could be $1550 as assigned for the product price. The $1550 could be say the deposit. Now each product option of the 3 6,9,12 would have the additional cost assigned to it. So under product options you would have

Option attribute

3 month +45.00

6month +60.00

9month +85.00

The change is not automatically reflected in the price, it will show the added product option and price difference in checkout tho. For immediate change in price, you need a dynamic pricing mod over at cubecart.org.

• 14 years later...