Strange admin CP error

Guest jpmad4it

Guest jpmad4it

Hey,

All aspects of my cart are working fine, except the admin CP. Here is the process I follow:

Login to admin everything is displayed correctly on screen......BUT the actual login screen is duplicated at the bottom of the page where the option to enter licence key should be / is usually displayed? It's very weird!

Then when i try to access any kind of setting e.g. general settings, the login screen pops up again within the main window, and all the options to the left are automatically greyed out. Then when I place my mouse over the greyed out options it says something similar to this: java script:(you do not have permissions to access this).

I have even tried entering my login details again when the login screen pops up but then i get 'page cannot be displayed'

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole thing, along with the database many times but it keeps happening. Its really got me stumped :)

Any ideas? Help would be great!!

regards Jonathan

EDIT: when installing the cart when the time comes to set permissions, all that is displayed is 'n/a' for each setting? Usually when installing this cart for other clients I have to CHMOD a few directories, but it just says that all permissions are set correctly and it allows me to continue. Could it be anything to do with that?

EDIT 2: these may be useful for anyone trying to help me:

Store URL: http://www.nail-academy.net/cart

Server Root Directory: D:\hshome\nailacad\nail-academy.net\cart

Site Root Relative Path: /cart/

GD version: 2

Has anyone got any kind of inkling? I have just deleted the database, all the files from the FTP, re-downloaded a new copy of Cubecart, created a new FTP directory and a brand new database BUT i'm still getting the error :-(

I have just noticed that when I log in to the botched admin CP the URL is:

.............cart/admin/login.php?goto=/cart/admin/index.php

whereas to previous carts I have used the link has been nothing like that:

.............cart/admin/index.php

Can anyone shed any light onto this problem as I am pretty confused now!!!

Anyone at all have any ideas??? :-(

No hope for me then with this one????

Guest jpmad4it

hey guys,

thanks for the replies.

I have taken the cart down thats why the link doesn't work anymore, but no I didnt change the template files.

And yes this is on a windows hosting plan with IX web hosting. I never thought about that, could this be a problem?

regards Jonathan

Guest Brivtech

hey guys,

And yes this is on a windows hosting plan with IX web hosting. I never thought about that, could this be a problem?

regards Jonathan

Good thinking Roban, CubeCart works best on a Linux server. Your hosting company can easily switch this over for you (Or you may be able to do this yourself through the hosting control panel).

Guest jpmad4it

hey guys,

regards Jonathan

Good thinking Roban, CubeCart works best on a Linux server. Your hosting company can easily switch this over for you (Or you may be able to do this yourself through the hosting control panel).

I will have a look into this - but I think that I have installed CC on a windows server before and its been fine - its worth a try though.

I'll report back once i've tested it. :(