Boxes/content moves when logged in

Guest JasonO

Hey

I've just moved my sessions line into a box above the catagorys box. It looks fine when logged out.

However, when I login the template moves around and it looks crap.

http://www.clanshout.co.uk/store

It was fine until I moved the session.tpl into the layout of the other boxes, and then moved it to the left. I want it to be there but im not sure whats wrong.

See the atachment to see what happens when you login, but feel free to register if you want to.

If you need a file I will be happy to post it

Thanks in advance :)

Your problem is in skins/xx/styleTemplates/boxes/session.tpl

You didn't quite code it correctly.

This code:

<div class="boxTitleLeft">Login</div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">

is intact when logged out, but missing when logged in . . . and the missing opening division tag causes the strange layout problem.

I think you placed the code above after this code:

<!-- BEGIN: session_false -->

ANY code place between <!-- BEGIN: session_false --> and <!-- END: session_false --> WILL ONLY APPLY WHEN SESSION IS FALSE, that is, when a person is not logged in.

The code I mentioned first above needs to be placed between <!-- BEGIN: session --> and <!-- BEGIN: session_false --> so that it can apply whether or not a person is logged in, instead of only when they are logged out :)

By the way, I love the gold skin coloring. You're doing a good job of personalizing the stock skin */*

Thank you very much for your reply markscarts.

You was spot on about my mistake. I've moved the content into the correct areas and it works great.

And again thank you, i've spent quite a few days on the template and was annoyed about the login problem

Once again thank you for your help, I really appreciate people like you who help the community.

Regards,

Jason