Problems Installing

Guest tquereshi

Guest tquereshi

I'm having problems installing Cubecart and get the following message:

You don't have permission to access /install/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please can someone help me.

Make sure you uploaded the files in the upload folder and not the upload folder itself and that you are looking for it in the right path. Thats the most common mistake when the file cannot be found.

Guest tquereshi

Make sure you uploaded the files in the upload folder and not the upload folder itself and that you are looking for it in the right path. Thats the most common mistake when the file cannot be found.

I uploaded everything from the upload folder and not the upload folder itself. I've set the permission for the files as instructed on the screen, so I don't understand why I'm not able to access install/index.php to continue the installation.

I've worked offline with the cart using WAMP, and it worked fine. :-(

Guest tquereshi

Have you got an .htaccess file in the directory?

Well it comes up with a message saying that I do not have permission to access /install/index.php on my server.

And I don't have a .htaccess in the directory.

Is it meant to be there?

Guest Brivtech

When I click the link, all appears normal - The first page of the CubeCart installer.

Try clearing out cookies from your web browser. Apart from that, I can't figure out why you would be having such an error wwhen you're accessing the installer using the link you gave. (Click on it and try).

Guest tquereshi

Yup, comes up fine for me too.

Yeah, the problem happens after when I fill in the details in Step 3, and press the button to Continue to Step 4 that I get the the following message:

-----------------------

Forbidden

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-----------------------

It's doing my head in. Can't work out what the problem is?

Guest dpage44

Forbidden

Since the error is saying you don't have permission to access that particular server, perhaps the name of the database server you are entering is incorrect. If the database is on the same server as your directory, the name should be localhost . If not double check with your host for the correct name. The information you are using in step 3 must incorrect in some way.