Google Base

Guest lcools

i have located it and its cat_name, which is the same as any category.

Please bear in mind that when i add a brand, i have to define it as a category or brand.

• 2 weeks later...

i have located it and its cat_name, which is the same as any category.

Please bear in mind that when i add a brand, i have to define it as a category or brand.

cat_name is the correct calling sign for the brand.

It works, but it outputs the prod ID and the sub category the product is in :blink:

For example: Brand > Sub Cat

Is there any way to force it to show the root category rather than the sub category? and get rid of the prod ID its outputting? :)

I would really appreciate some help on this, as its stopping me from opening my store :cry:

Guest randy48

For those of you that do not have the programing skills to make the modifications required to use Google Base anymore, try this:

Click the Google Base button under View Products, open the generated file in XCEL (or other speadsheet program, Goole has a free online program you can use), change the headers, and then save it as a tab-delimited text file and upload that to Google Base, it worked for me!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alex Autrey

vequalsir it works. I have yet to upload it to google base. Is the "brand" suppose to come out blank?

i mean is there anyway of using my brands mod with the export?

i think the call from the database is cat_brand but im not sure where to place it in vequalsir code.

i'd appriciate some assistance, thanks in advanced :w00t:

I added 'brand' into my inventory database. (I didn't have it in there before)

If your call from the database is cat_brand, replace that value for brand in the following statement.

$brand = str_replace(array(" ","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['Brand']));

$brand = str_replace(" ","",$brand);

to look like this:

$brand = str_replace(array(" ","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['cat_brand']));

hope this helps.

:(

Google Changed its requirements again now you have to add the following rows to your MySQL Database for assistance with this please contact your hosting provider or your IT Guy.

Needed Rows:

Brand

Condition

Product_type

Expiration_date

isbn

mpn

upc - I used my ProductCode for this one I would recommend doing the same so you shouldn't have to add this one.

Now you need the updated code Here it is my happy little campers :)

//Header information on google base

$googleBaseContent = "brand\tcondition\tdescription\texpiration_date\tid\timage_link\tisbn\tlink\tmpn\tprice\tproduct_type\ttitle\tupc\r\n";

for($i=0; $i<count($results); $i++){

$salePrice = salePrice($results[$i]['price'], $results[$i]['sale_price']);

if($salePrice > 0){

$price = $salePrice;

} else {

$price = $results[$i]['price'];

}

$name = str_replace(array("&nbsp;","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['name']));

$name = str_replace(" ","",$name);

$desc = str_replace(array("&nbsp;","&amp","/T","&#39","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['description']));

$desc = str_replace(" ","",$desc);

// add new attributes below to the base download feed

$prodid = str_replace(array("&nbsp;","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['productId']));

$prodid = str_replace(" ","",$prodid);

$brand = str_replace(array("&nbsp;","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['Brand']));

$condition = str_replace(array("&nbsp;","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['condition']));

$condition = str_replace(" ","",$condition);

$product_type = str_replace(array("&nbsp;","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['product_type']));

$product_type = str_replace(" ","",$product_type);

$isbn = str_replace(array("&nbsp;","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['isbn']));

$isbn = str_replace(" ","",$isbn);

$mpn = str_replace(array("&nbsp;","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['mpn']));

$mpn = str_replace(" ","",$mpn);

$upc = str_replace(array("&nbsp;","\t","\r","\n","\0","\x0B","

"),"",strip_tags($results[$i]['product_code']));

//I have this set to expire each week so I can do a new bulk upload weekly to google base rather then

//ending up with a ton of duplicate posts. This is up to you completly but my stock changes frequently

//If I can get the new google base API to work with cube cart I will post the code for free here.

//To change this change the +7 to how ever many days or the month to however long or the Y to how ever long.

$expdate = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, date("m"), date("d")+7, date("Y")));

// SEO friendly mod

$googleBaseContent .= $brand."\t".$condition."\t".$desc."\t".$expdate."\t".$prodid;

if($results[$i]['image']){

$googleBaseContent .= "\t".$glob['storeURL']."/images/uploads/".$results[$i]['image'];

} else {

$googleBaseContent .= "\t".$glob['storeURL']."/skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleImages/nophoto.gif";

}

$googleBaseContent .= "\t".$isbn;

if($config['sef'] == 0) {

$googleBaseContent .= "\t".$glob['storeURL']."/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=".$results[$i]['productId'];

} else {

include_once("../../includes/sef_urls.inc.php");

$googleBaseContent .= "\t".$glob['storeURL']. "/" .generateProductUrl($results[$i]['productId']);

}

// SEO friendly mod

$googleBaseContent .= "\t".$mpn."\t".$price."\t".$product_type."\t".$name."\t".$upc."\r\n";

}

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update Alex.. I uploaded my file but it seems to have no spaces in the product title's is there anyway to get them working?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest conspicuouschick

For those of you that do not have the programing skills to make the modifications required to use Google Base anymore, try this:

Click the Google Base button under View Products, open the generated file in XCEL (or other speadsheet program, Goole has a free online program you can use), change the headers, and then save it as a tab-delimited text file and upload that to Google Base, it worked for me!

I did something relatively similar. Cubecart produces the G-base feed in tab-delineated format. Excel will open a tab-delineated file as a spreadsheet. Then I could manually add the headers. However G-base still refused my feed until I actually filled in those columns. It wasn't fond of the 'empty' columns. After I did that (not a pleasant chore), my feed was accepted.

However, almost a month later, I did the same thing and Google rejected my feed. Why? Because I have the 'hide out of stock products' mod, and the G-base feed included ALL the products in CC store, including those currently out of stock. Seems you have to have it immediately for sale, or Google kicks your feed.

First, has anyone else had this problem? Second, when (and a BIG when) the newest version of Cubecart is released, the Google Base feed is supposed to be resolved, but will the "out of stock" items still get the feed rejected?

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone

Mmmm, interesting all the replies to this post.

My question is considering that this post started at the begining of the year. Is there an easier way or step by step instructions on how to fix this issue? I have been shown a paid for mod but isn't there an update for cubecart to reflect the changes google has made?

Considering its taken ages to get my store to work flawlessly i'm a little scared to start playing around with the files! LOL but i'm quite happy to give it a go... not sure about the sql dbase though as i have no clue about this!

Please please someone let me know how i can fix this.

Thanks so much

Kindest Regards,

Antz :cry:

• 1 month later...
Guest conspicuouschick

As you've probably figured out from your other thread on this matter, there is currently no easy fix. You either suffer, risk screwing up code or pay someone to fix what really should be the cubecart developer's resonsibility (in my opinion)

Even with manually adding information to the feed, my items are ranking much lower than they were prior to the changes and not receiving nearly the hits they were before. CC 5 should be out next month, and it should have the latest feed generator. However, I make no guarantees that Google won't change their requirements and algorithms yet again and leave us all in the same place we are now.

The current system for Google Base isn't very good (IMO). Its placed inside an already busy php script.

I run the Google Base generator on its own script, and just link from the product page.

If I need to tweak the code, its much cleaner than opening up the large products index page.

The problem with including such an export tool, is that it will be out of date. I don't blame devillion for not keeping it updated, when Google decide to move the goal posts every few months.

I've not spent any time on the CC4 export function, but it does have Base, and a few other comparison sites listed. Hopefully they are a bit more modular than CC3.

Jason

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest hired_goon

When I looked up the list of required attributes on google base as of 02/14/2009 for "products". I found the following

• description
  • id
  • linkURL
  • price
  • title

The required attributes are differnet if your "item type" in google base is something different than "products". See the google page that shows the required attributes here.

I then made a mod to fix the attributes that print in cubecart admin when the feed is downloaded (including a resolution to the quantity and stock level issue). As a bonus, I set it up to also automatically save the feed on a regular basis via the cron function or an include. Once I set up feed download scheduling in google base, everything was automated and hands free. The mod is working on my cubecart site with no problems.

So, change your attributes in the header row and the query to the ones listed above and you should be able to manually upload without a problem