Wrong Currency sent to Paypal?

Guest mephist0

Guest mephist0

I get the following error message when i try to pay an order i made:

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

I have seen several posts with this problem but i cant find a sollution to it anywhere so i guess there still is user with this problem out there?

My shop runs in Swedish Kronor (SEK) and has the main currency set to SEK (that is the only activated currency in CubeCart. Paypal is set to accept SEK and USD and SEK is the primary (default) value.

It seems like my shop tries to send the payment in USD anyway? Why is that? And paypal should anyway accept this..

In paypal for this setting i have the following:

Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

No, accept them and convert them to Swedish Kronor

I have also tried other settings without result..

Does anyone know what can be wrong? HEEELP! :( :(

Hi mephist0,

I'm not sure if you have tried it but there is a patch available which sets the default currency for Paypal as the default currency for the cart. My site is based in the UK and it was making the payments in USD but now I have installed the mod it now makes the payments in GBP

the link is:

https://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/inde...=52&nav=0,5

Cheers

Sachie

Guest mephist0

Hi mephist0,

I'm not sure if you have tried it but there is a patch available which sets the default currency for Paypal as the default currency for the cart. My site is based in the UK and it was making the payments in USD but now I have installed the mod it now makes the payments in GBP

the link is:

Cheers

Sachie

hello! Thank you very much for your reply! I searched the forum but did not find any information about this, but i found a thread where a fix were discussed but no link.. Thanks i will try this!! :) :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One possible clue to this - the few times it happened with me it was with users who have originally had trouble completing their transactions with PayPal. They may have had one paypal transaction fail, and they are trying again, or perhaps have an order in their cart, failed to checkout, then logged in from another PC and tried to re-order the same item, but being on a different PC their cart would have been empty.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else who has experienced this problem - did the customers have a failed or incomplete transaction before the USD transaction?

• 6 months later...

I think I can see a pattern here and how to reproduce. I'm on 3.0.10.

When a customer chooses paypal as their payment method, the payment fails, and then they go back to pay _again_ - then the currency appears to come through as US$.

I've lost a few sales because of this - and it is quite annoying. I don't suppose it is possible anyone will investigate to fix this?

I did some investigatin myslef. It would appear that if the transfer.inc.php module does not send a currency_code value, then PayPal defaults to USD. So i'm thinking - there is a bug somewhere where the currency does not get sent for some reason. Perhaps some other fields do not get sent either - i've not been able to reproduce it myself, i'm just guessing.

Anyhow, as a hack, I hard coded PayPal to GBP - which is fine for me since that is all I accept.

So, under modules/gateway/PayPal

edit file 'transfer.inc.php

Change this line:

<input type='hidden' name='currency_code' value='".$config['defaultCurrency']."' /

To this:

<input type='hidden' name='currency_code' value='GBP' /

I'm not even sure if this will do anything good or bad - I did a test transaction and it seemed to go through fine.

YMMV - any comments welcome. If this does not work for you or you lose sales - please no complaints to me! :huh:

• 1 month later...

Right - even after making this change, i've had another customer with the same problem. The problem definatley seems to happen when the customer has something in their cart, and comes in sometime later to complete the payment (possibly days later).

I really would like to get to the bottom of this!

I'm not sure but why not try remove the whole currency code? It might allow customers to choose any currency that you accepts. I don't know.

<input type='hidden' name='currency_code' value='".$config['defaultCurrency']."' />

I've opened few currencies since USD became worthless (i still accept it since i live here).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi mephist0,

the link is:

Cheers

Sachie

I am having the exact same problem with Danish Kroners versus USD. I tried the link mentioned in this forum for the fix, but get this error:

"Fatal error: ERROR: Invalid Download Item Specified in /chroot/home/cubecart/cubecart.com/html/support/modules/downloads/client_downloads.php on line 138"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

For the life of me,,, i have been in front of my pc for the past 16 hours trying to set this IPN + trying to figure out why my currency is not working when it gets to paypal!!!!

aghhhhhh,,,,

I too have this problem.

In admin i have set up only 2 currencies, AU and US

In my paypal i have as default balances AU and US is open for converting

In my "payment receiving preferences" i have

Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold: Yes

Now i have also tried changing it to this

No, accept them and convert them to Australian Dollars Ask Me

Now i'm not quite sure which one to use, but i'm absolutely at my wits end with this... i have searched the forums and googled about and can't find a solution.

My digital products are set up correctly but for the life of me i can't figure out why when a customer sets the currency in my store to US and then goes through the gateway and appears at the paypal page it shows up as AU!!!!!!

Anyone found a fix for this pls.

Thanks

Antz :)

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I get the following error message when i try to pay an order i made:

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

I have seen several posts with this problem but i cant find a sollution to it anywhere so i guess there still is user with this problem out there?

My shop runs in Swedish Kronor (SEK) and has the main currency set to SEK (that is the only activated currency in CubeCart. Paypal is set to accept SEK and USD and SEK is the primary (default) value.

It seems like my shop tries to send the payment in USD anyway? Why is that? And paypal should anyway accept this..

In paypal for this setting i have the following:

Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

No, accept them and convert them to Swedish Kronor

I have also tried other settings without result..

Does anyone know what can be wrong? HEEELP! :) :)

I have exact problem.

Someone help me to? PLEASE!!!

I too have seen this issue many times and am just experienceing it now also.

My default currency is AUD and after I place an order (as a customer) the currency is changed to USD when going through the paypal gateway.

Is there a solution or does anyone have any ideas about this problem?

CHeers Lee

• 6 months later...
Guest canvasman

Hi mephist0,

the link is:

Cheers

Sachie

I have the same problem, what is the mod and how do i install it?

Thank you

canvasman

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest makenoiz

Sorry posted in wrong area... we are using 4x We are having this problem to.... any one from CubeCart.... please help. We are using the following:

CubeCart Version: 4.4.1

PHP Version: 5.2.13

MySQL Version: 4.1.22-standard

Please assist us. We only have USD enabled but PayPal transactions are going to paypal as British Pounds.

• 11 months later...
Guest girrlit

This is me too.

And for once the AUD is higher than the USD and I keep losing money on random orders, it is only happening to a couple of customers. But it has been fairly regularly over the last couple of months. :(