New Store...Fist Attempt!

Guest thebluenile

Guest thebluenile

Hi All

I have finished my first attempt at editing a CubeCart template and the results can be seen at http://www.my-shops.net/store/ The original skin is Sherbet Blue

The site does not have my full stock range, just a few test designs.

I still want to add some mods to allow users to upload their own photos etc but I would appreciate any constructive criticism from the forum. :(

Thanks

Guest thebluenile

Nice start, clean. Needs a statement about what you sell.

I agree, I think I will either edit the swf fiel and include some info there or remove the swf file completely and add text. Thanks for the positive feedback ;)

Guest paulabakerparkin

I'm sure I recognise that dog. You didn't by any chance used to sell dog collars and have a lovely light fawn greyhound? If you don't just ignore me!

Think what you have done to the site so far is great, but I would consider making the following changes:

• View Basket button is not aligned correctly
  • Store logo is a little weak and blends in to much with the rest of the site
  • Update Basket button colour is still the standard colour and looks a little odd next to the rest of the buttons
  • I would also change the buttons and box titles to images, just to give your store a little more life.

Other then that though, great start!

Paula

Guest thebluenile

Hi Paula

Yes, we used to sell dog collars but had to stop because of production delays in Spain.

Maddison, the light fawn Greyhound died in July 2005 :) He was only 4 and died of bone cancer. We still have great memories though and 11 other dogs to look after (2 Deerhounds, 3 Ex Racers, 1 Lurcher, 1 puppy Westie and a few mutts) :D

Unfortunately, as only learning, it may take a while to work out how to accomplish some of your suggestions but I will definately take them onboard.

Thanks

Marc

ps. How did you know about Maddison?

I'm sure I recognise that dog. You didn't by any chance used to sell dog collars and have a lovely light fawn greyhound? If you don't just ignore me!

Think what you have done to the site so far is great, but I would consider making the following changes:

• View Basket button is not aligned correctly
  • Store logo is a little weak and blends in to much with the rest of the site
  • Update Basket button colour is still the standard colour and looks a little odd next to the rest of the buttons
  • I would also change the buttons and box titles to images, just to give your store a little more life.

Other then that though, great start!

Paula