How to change to fixed WIDTH (Killer Skin)

Guest oldboy

(Killer skin)

I want to set the main content to a fixed width, as it is now the main content changes the width when i

resize the browser window.

I guess its the layout.css that need to be altered, but i cant figure out where.

I have searched for the forum for this answer, without any luck.

A small suggestion:

Maybe the Skins & Templates Support forum should have a sub forum for each default skin >

Killer

Legend

Classic

As it is now i find a lot related information but for the wrong skin that im looking for.

With a sub forum for each skin it would be easier to categorize tutorials and tips for a relevant skin.

You can try by opening skins/Killer/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl and look for the table that controls middle content. If the table cell <td> that controls middle content has a width="100%" then change it to a fixed width in pixels, i.e., width="500"

Once you have worked out how to do this the way you want it in index.tpl, make the similar change to cart.tpl

BTW, some of us who write mods give instructions pertinent to all three stock skins, and in my opinion, all mods/tutorials should do this :)

You can try by opening skins/Killer/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl and look for the table that controls middle content. If the table cell <td> that controls middle content has a width="100%" then change it to a fixed width in pixels, i.e., width="500"

Once you have worked out how to do this the way you want it in index.tpl, make the similar change to cart.tpl

BTW, some of us who write mods give instructions pertinent to all three stock skins, and in my opinion, all mods/tutorials should do this :)

Thanks, think i got it now...

index.tpl:

1. from <table> removed width="100%" and added Align="Center"

2. added width="600" to <td> the table cell that controls the {PAGE_CONTENT}

there are no <tables> in cart.tpl, only <div> so im not sure if it needs to be alerted.

Guest Sixstring

BTW, some of us who write mods give instructions pertinent to all three stock skins, and in my opinion, all mods/tutorials should do this :P

Thanks, think i got it now...

index.tpl:

1. from <table> removed width="100%" and added Align="Center"

2. added width="600" to <td> the table cell that controls the {PAGE_CONTENT}

there are no <tables> in cart.tpl, only <div> so im not sure if it needs to be alerted.

I was trying the smae thing but all I get to shrink is everything inside the to blue bars at top and bottom, the catagory bar the logo position and everything stays wide.

any ideas how to shink the whole page?

Thanks

Randy

Guest conspiract

}

#pageSurround {

width: 100%;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 5px;

background-color: #ffffff;

i think thats what you mean..it is located in the layout.css..change the %'age

also i got another killer skin question? the top catagory bar is shorter then the bottom...but is the same size only on the view cart..what would cause that?

}

• 9 months later...

}

#pageSurround {

width: 100%;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 5px;

background-color: #ffffff;

i think thats what you mean..it is located in the layout.css..change the %'age

also i got another killer skin question? the top catagory bar is shorter then the bottom...but is the same size only on the view cart..what would cause that?

}

You could also try editing page surround in layout.css from 98% width to 1024 px. This worked great for me, as long as you donot have too many categories.

Any problems, PM me :P