Paypal email address error

Guest jaselpool

Guest jaselpool

Hi All

Been reading a lot about similar problems but found nothing exactly like this. I have setup a specific email address at Paypal just to handle payments and named it primary email address. I have used this email exactly as is in the IPN/Standard Paypal gateway config on Cubecart admin and followed the step by step on the Paypal only sub forum – I still get this error when trying to buy something on my site:

Error Detected

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

I'm tearing my hair out now as I have no idea what could be causing this problem...

HEEEELLLPPP!!!!

TIA

J

Guest jaselpool

Has the email address been attached to a verified Pay Pal account? Are you able to log on to Pay Pal using the email address? Have to contacted Pay Pal about the problem?

Hi roban thanks for reponse mate. Yes verified business account since 2000, Yes I can login with dedicated email addy, yes contacted PP but no response as yet... :P

Guest jaselpool

Has the email address been attached to a verified Pay Pal account? Are you able to log on to Pay Pal using the email address? Have to contacted Pay Pal about the problem?

Hi roban thanks for reponse mate. Yes verified business account since 2000, Yes I can login with dedicated email addy, yes contacted PP but no response as yet... :P

OK UPDATE FROM PAYPAL:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Support.

I tested your Shopping cart and extracted the code from the page that says:

"Transferring to Payment - Go Now"

I see the code is not correct, "business" variable is empty, nothing in the value:

<input type='hidden' name='business' value='' />

Your email address should be there, otherwise your cart can not be linked to your PayPal account.

Something is wrong in your CubeCart settings. Please review again your settings, documentation of CubeCart, or review their forums and contact their Customer Service.

-------------

Anyone know where this code is or how I can change it? As far as I know all my settings are correct in CC admin. Many thanks

Jason

We had a similar problem with paypal, we removed the following piece of code in transfer.inc.php and it solved the problem

<input type='hidden' name='invoice' value='".$cart_order_id."' />

• 3 weeks later...

We had a similar problem with paypal, we removed the following piece of code in transfer.inc.php and it solved the problem

<input type='hidden' name='invoice' value='".$cart_order_id."' />

I'm having the same problem,

Error Detected

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller.

and that fix isn't working for me. :( I'm not sure why? (actually, I don't quite understand how it was supposed to fix it either! So if someone can explain in little words for me that would be lovely!)

The settings in my PayPal gateway haven't been changed since before, when it *was* working just fine. :)

Unfortunately I've installed quite a few mods since I initially tested PayPal, and I have no idea which (if any) would have caused the error. I only discovered the error when a customer wanted to pay with PayPal.

anyone got any other ideas on how to fix this problem?

thanks,

Bek

• 3 weeks later...

Which version of cubecart are you using and which method for paypal?

I use 3.0.14 and the standard without ipn and never have any problems.

I'm using version 3.0.14 same as you, standard PayPal without IPN.

It used to work, but now it doesn't, I'm guessing one of the mods I installed has done something, because I tested it on a new un-modded installation of 3.0.14 and it works just fine.

All the admin settings are the same, the transfer.inc.php file looks exactly the same apart from the mod that's there (goober's coupon mod), and I don't know what other files I would need to look at to track down the problem.

Any ideas?? The other most recent mod I've installed was a shipping insurance mod, if that's relevent.

Bek

Which version of cubecart are you using and which method for paypal?

I use 3.0.14 and the standard without ipn and never have any problems.

Im using v3.0.15 with paypal & IPN,

The odd thing is when i create a test user it connects to paypal ok although it does stick on the connecting page for anything upto a couple of minutes ..

but i asked a couple of others to try and they got this msg

"We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com."

But payments have been made and nothing has changed with the cc settings :)

I think i have almost found the answer to my problem,

our site uses frames and i noticed that when i went direct to the store page rather than from clicking the link on the site which goes through a frame the payment went through straight away..

i mailed paypal tech support and got this response

"When our logos are used in a Frame, the PayPal URL is not displayed, nor is the security lock displayed in the browser.

This can also cause Run Time errors for most browsers if using Javascript on the web site.

According to our User Agreement you are prohibited from using a PayPal logo to display a PayPal payment page of any kind inside of a Framed Page.

If using frames, you will want to add target="paypal" in the <form action> tag of the HTML code to prevent our payment page from being displayed in a Frame."

SO ,any ideas how to do this or will i have to recode the site a bit

Guest Ian.Plumb

Hi,

Im using v3.0.15 with paypal & IPN

I have the same configuration and the same issue. I've noticed that when I get the Paypal error message, if I press the browser's Back button that the transaction then processes cleanly without further action. Is that the same for you?

Regards,

Ian P.

Guest Ian.Plumb

Hi,

Im using v3.0.15 with paypal & IPN

I have the same configuration and the same issue. I've also noticed that if I press the Go Now button rather than letting the transfer continue of its own accord that the transaction processes cleanly. Is that the same for you?

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Regards,

Ian P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This issue went away for me as soon as I configured Paypal according to the instructions posted here:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=21974

In my case CubeCart was configured correctly -- it was all at the PayPal end.

Mine was all configured correctly, but there must've been something corrupted somewhere in the files perhaps? I ended up having to reinstall my cart in the end, minus one mod that I thought might have been part of the problem. Uninstalling the mod didn't help, so reinstalling was the only thing left to try. Maybe there was an easier way, but just re-uploading the paypal files didn't work, and no one had any answers to help.