PayPal Standard IPN concerns

Guest RSprinkel

Guest RSprinkel

Hi All,

I am setting up a gateway for a Shop that I am contracted to do and I have a concern when I set up the IPN info in both PayPal as well as CC.

The store owner chose one Domain name at the original time he placed his order with me via my hosting business. After I got CC and everything all set up and entered about 50 products listed for sale he decided that he did not want that name. So he chose another domain name which I purchased for him. Now instead of dumping the original site and db and all the info and starting from scratch I parked the new domain name over the original domain name.

When I went to set up the IPN info in CC it displayed his original domain name and not the newest one. Can this be edited anywhere to reflect his new domain name? I looked in the db and everything is encrypted so that option is out. I looked in the admin/modules/gateways/paypal.php thinking it may have been hardcoded but nothing.

Or would it really matter as it would/should show the new domain name when the customer returns.

Thanks much for your replies and assistance in this matter.

RSprinkel

Guest RSprinkel

I don't think you understood my questions.

I have set this up via both PayPal and in CC. The IPN URL in CC is displaying his old domain name instead of the new domain name as the new domain name is Parked over the old domain name.

I want to be able to have the IPN URL in CC to display his new/current Domain name and not the old.

I know, the mention of Domain name is alot but trying to see if I can get this resolved.