About to go live...

Hi,

Since i found CC i've been digging the foruns and came up with this simple TShirts-store-to-be. I guess it's pretty much everyting done apart from the products. I only have 3 for testing.

Any opinions are wellcome but i guess you'll find it difficult to understand it as it's written in Portuguese (sorry). I intend to test everything nacionally before going international...

I think i might intall wildbill new "enlarge detail picture" mod when it's available to show alternate colors for each t-shirt.

Tks anyway!

Cheers

goosfraba.net

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I've recently asked for my friends opinion on the site and a couple of them asked me if it was directed for 13 year old kids! It made me bad but also made me thing of it.

What's your opinion? And if it looks childish (don't know if this word even exists... :) ) what can i do to change it? Loose the eskimo? Put him smaller?

Tkx in advance,

Pardon__me

The eskimo, particulalry on the skate board, could seem teenager appeal.

But t-shirts are aren't they ?

(Why isn't the eskimo wearing a t-shirt ? cough !)

I thought the eskimo was quite fun, didn't put me off - but then I don't wear t-shirts anyway ;-)

If you did want to appeal to an older marker, IMHO I'd go for slightly darker, less cheap, looking colours. Not too dark though !

The eskimo would go in favour of a curvey girl. But then I'm just a sucker for curvey girls ;-)

But if the model looked good in the t-shirt, then I might be persuaded !

Why don't you set up a second store using a copy of the same database but appealing to the older market and see which one works better ?

It would be a really interesting marketing exercise !!

BTW as usual I HATE your header mast! No one seems to bother paying any consideration to this vital element of a store :-(

Tkx for the feedback! It's really usefull. I know my header sucks! I hate it too... I've downloaded twisted tuto but haven't got any courage to dig into it.

As for your sugestion, I might do something like that once this one is up and runnig and also when i've enough material to sell. then i'll separate the T-Shirts for teens and non-teens (if it's possible...).

Our target isn't exactly teenagers. We try to sound appealing to people who surf the net and consider the option of buying a T-Shirt on-line. I think that itself leads prety much to teenagers...

Anyway, I'm not pleased with the way my store looks and i get i'll need to keept trying new things. Of course suggestions from CC forum members are wellcome...

Tkx!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Actually it's on-line allready.

Mods from:

Stijn - News mod, Extended Catalog, Customer Loyalty Disc.

saztar - Ramdom Image category, thumbs up/down mod

qdpie - Coupon Mod

iceman2g - Express Checkout mod, Multiple image mod, Multiple Shiping Options

And of course a buch of free mods availabe from the forums.

any comments?

Tkx!

Pardon__Me