Paypal Pro - can't see debit cards option

Guest jaselpool

Guest jaselpool

Hi all

I have Paypal Pro up and running fine all tested and works a treat. The problem I have is that being UK based I need to offer Debit cards (Maestro, switch, Delta etc). When you go to my checkout these aren't available as options. It just states the usual US (VISA, MASTERCARD AMEX etc). I have contacted Paypal and they say that I can accept these cards with my pro account but there must be an issue with the cart making those options left out in my checkout flow.

How do I get these card options to show?

TIA

Jason

i havent attempted pro yet on our store but i sorely need to get away from worldpay (robbing so and so's) the only thing stopping me switching is this issue i have read here about the debit card options not showing, anybody in the UK have this resolved? the stoney silence to threads of this nautre kindof implies not. I read on another thread talk of a proper paypal UK installation being sorted out for march, anyone anymore info on that?

Guest sachie

I'm starting to think that not many people visit this Paypal forum. I have noticed that it takes quite a time before someone attempts to answer any questions. Now my 1 year support for Cubecart has run out I guess I will have to sit around and wait.

Sachie

Do you have support?

I have exactly the same problem and the version you may have purchased is for the American Market.

Raise a call to support to get them to make the changes necessary to add debit card payments.

Hope this helps - your not alone....

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Velocity Kendal

Might aswell join in...

I too would like a UK setup for Paypal Pro. UK debit cards and the 'State' field is obviously surplus to requirement. Would anyone like to hint at a solution? :)

Might aswell join in...

I too would like a UK setup for Paypal Pro. UK debit cards and the 'State' field is obviously surplus to requirement. Would anyone like to hint at a solution? :)

I've managed to get PayPal Pro UK working with my site with only a few changes. I have tested it with Visa,Master Card. Solo and Switch.

My store is not yet live, if I can be of any help or you would like to see it working please let me know.

GK Jewellers - www.gk-jewellers.co.uk

Might aswell join in...

I've managed to get PayPal Pro UK working with my site with only a few changes. I have tested it with Visa,Master Card. Solo and Switch.

My store is not yet live, if I can be of any help or you would like to see it working please let me know.

GK Jewellers - www.gk-jewellers.co.uk

im very interested in what you had to do to get it working correctly for the UK, could you give us a brief rundown? or not so brief if you have time :blink:

Guest Velocity Kendal

I'm all ears :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sachie

Hi jameskyme,

I would love to find out how to change the options to include the debit cards. We are supposed to launch this week and time is running out! Any help would be very appreciated!

Cheers

Sachie

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I havent replied to my post in this section, but I've been away on holiday for a while and have had no access to a computer.

I had my version of cube cart set up and hosted by a small local (South Wales) web developer.

They made a few changes to my PayPal gateway module to get PayPal ProUK to work with Credit and UK Debit cards. I have been requested not make these changes available to anyone as they plan to release it as a MOD

A little sorry that I posted in the first place before checking with my web developer.

James

Guest sachie

Thanks James for the reply.

Spoke to the developers and they have said that it will be mid June before they release the PayPal UK Pro Card Mod.

I think something like this should be supported by Cubecart. It is after all a Cart system that is used globally and PayPal is one of the main players. I have posted on all the other sites to ask for a quote for the work to be done. Is they any chance this would might be added in the next release of Cubecart~?

Thanks

Sachie

Guest sachie

OMG Chuggyskins you are a star!!!

Will be rushing to get that now! Nice one!

Cheers

Sachie

:dizzy: It says OUT OF STOCK so I can;t make the purchase.

Could you enable it?

Thanks

Sachie

Hey guys. We are working with PayPal to have UK PayPal API functionality in the next major release. :(

Does that mean currently cc won't work with Paypal pro UK?

Guest sachie

Hey Al,

That's good news. I will use the MOD for the time being and look forward to the full support in the next major release.

Cheers

Sachie

Guest Velocity Kendal

Just going through the Paypal usage agreement and noticed that to use the core supplied Direct Payment module in conjunction with a UK Paypal account is in breach of their terms it would seem:

4.b. In using the Direct Payment API, PayPal will permit you to accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro (including as the case may be, Switch and/or Solo) (collectively “Cardsâ€). PayPal shall process and settle Card transactions with you. With regard to the Cards, you agree to the following:

(i) Where you accept Cards on your website, you will display each Card’s logo with equal size and prominence, and you shall not display a preference for one Card over another. You agree to comply with the logo usage standards located at: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=x...oCenter-outside.

Note "...shall not display a preference for one Card over another". Surely omitting UK debit cards from the options would/could be deemed a preference for the others?

Anyway, I think it should be much clearer on the CC site that the supplied Paypal Pro gateway is designed for a US set up and they will not support it for UK sites in this release.

• 4 weeks later...