Tax, Shipping n/a

Guest 3trac

This may have been discussed elsewhere but I cannot find anything.

When a customer goes to their "View Basket" but they are not logged - in the 2 lines - "Tax" and "Shipping" show as n/a.

I am finding this is a bit misleading as they think they do not have to pay any tax or shipping.

Off course these 2 items cannot be worked out until someone is logged in so that the system knows their address and can calculate these prices accordingly.

Is there anyway that these 2 lines can be removed until the customer logs in?

or maybe just change the n/a to something more applicable that lets them know it still has to be calculated?

When a customer goes to their "View Basket" but they are not logged - in the 2 lines - "Tax" and "Shipping" show as n/a.

I am finding this is a bit misleading as they think they do not have to pay any tax or shipping.

Off course these 2 items cannot be worked out until someone is logged in so that the system knows their address and can calculate these prices accordingly.

or maybe just change the n/a to something more applicable that lets them know it still has to be calculated?

All the text values are saved in the language/en/lang.inc.php file. Do a FIND for the text in particular, and rename it. Save and upload the file.

If you want to get fancy, you can recode the skins/../content/cart.inc.php file and remove the TAX and SHIPPING table enrties until you get to the final step (I thinks its STEP 4 in this script). Beware, you need to understand how the code works before you make changes.

Maybe a feature to show tax and shipping regardless to customer status (anonymous/logged-in) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest vikingr

Hey,

I have just installed CubeCart and would like to configure it so that taxes (19% on everything in my shop here in Germany) are always visible - no matter if the customer is logged in or not. The item-prices I set are including taxes. As I sell my items only inside Germany at the moment, it shouldn't be that hard to configure, right?

I searched the last days in several forums, but I couldn't find a solution for my problem.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help.

Thanks,

Torsten