Being Harrassed By Spammers

gospelsinger

i have my store on the live stores on main page do outsiders from cubecart customers read them stores ?

if so i rather be taken off of there cause i think thats how these spammers are attacking my forum site if someone here can seriously help me on this it would be appreciated alot i wish i can do something to ban certain ip addresses from accessing my store cause thats how they are finding my forum site is by going to my store please help me all i need to stop this non sense once and for all

i dont think its anyone that has a store on cubecart i think its folks trying to spam other folks stores that is not even affiliated with cubecart themselves please i beg you to give me some advice on what can be done about this

thanks

calvin

Guest Brivtech

I very much doubt that your forum spam problems have got anything to do with your CubeCart showing up in the listing.

Firstly, I'd suggest making sure you have the latest version of your forum software running.

Secondly, most spamming comes from googling the copyright information of the forums. Quite often, spambots tune into a specific version that has security flaws.

The store can be removed if you wish, but as I say, I am very sceptical to that being the cause of the spamming on a separate software system.

I'm also moving this topic, because it's in the wrong section.

Guest randy48

I had the same problem, little stupid shitheads making bogus accounts and orders. Check your root directory and see if you have an .htaccess file. If you do modify it, if you don't use a text editor (notepad) and make one.

To block IP addresses it should look like this:

order allow,deny

deny from 65.164.201.45

deny from 202.108.*.*

deny from 220.*.*.*

deny from 219.*.*.*

allow from all

<Files .htaccess>

order allow,deny

deny from all

</Files>

The deny from lines can block a since IP or the whole frikkin block by using * instead of a set of numbers.

The bottom part <Files .htaccess> keeps people from viewing your .htaccess file.

When you done with the file, save it as .htaccess

Maek sure Notepad is set to All Files, you do not want any file extension on this file or it will not work, when you look at it in the root directory, all you should see for the file name is .htaccess