GST as per Australian Taxation Office requirements

aPoLLo

Hi guys & gals.

Has this issue been addressed in full? I can not seem to find an answer that satisfies the Australian Taxation Office rules and regulations regarding Goods and Services Tax (GST) on the forums. If it has been answered accordingly I apologise in advance.

In Australia we are required to display the price of an item in our shopping cart with GST included.

We also need to be able to include GST in the freight\postage costs.

Therefore something similar to the following needs to be displayed upon checkout for Australian Customers only (does not apply to overseas sales):

Product costs $11.00 (inclusive of GST)

Postage costs $5.50 (inclusive of GST)

GST\Tax: $1.50 (This is not added to the total but just diplays the breakdown of GST\Tax)

Total cost of item including GST is $16.50

How can this be achieved? I am sorry if I have not explained this too well so please let me know and I will try and clarify it.

Many Thanks in advance.

aPoLLo :blink:

Thats a very good question, as it required by Law to have GST last......

If anyone can help us that will be great... :blink:

Gerry

BlueChip Warehouse

Guest mencus

I am also looking for a solution for this .... perhaps we could pool together and pay to get a programmer/modder to do this for us?

Guest cheekypop

Does anyone have a solution for this..?

What are other Australians doing in regards to this issue at the moment...? Are you including the tax in the price for all customers or taxing GST only to Australian customers?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Guest mencus

I have searched a few forums now and have not been able to find a solution yet. Please let me know if you guys are interested finding a programmer to do this for us.

I will prolly look for an existing solution until end of week and then hire someone to program me one if nothing exists.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KGBelectronics

Hi all...

Has this issue been resolved ? If so, i'd like to purchase a copy of the mod if available..

thanks.

You're right ... this issue is a pain in the butt.

There are about 4 or 5 issues that CubeCart has which are non "Australian GST" compliant.

I'm going to solve this for myself this week so a solution will be available from the 26th onwards. Forum rules (relating to advertising mods) won't let me tell you from where ... (scheeeeeeshhhh !!! ???)

PM me if you have any specific requirements and I'll see if they can be incorporated.

Forum rules now permit me to advise you that a solution for this is available by searching on Google for "CubeCart OzGST"

Cheers,

Ken

Hi all...

Has this issue been resolved ? If so, i'd like to purchase a copy of the mod if available..

thanks.

You're right ... this issue is a pain in the butt.

There are about 4 or 5 issues that CubeCart has which are non "Australian GST" compliant.

I'm going to solve this for myself this week so a solution will be available from the 26th onwards. Forum rules (relating to advertising mods) won't let me tell you from where ... (scheeeeeeshhhh !!! ???)

PM me if you have any specific requirements and I'll see if they can be incorporated.

Cheers,

Ken

Thanks! I will contact you by e-mail in a few mins... :rolleyes:

Guest Headquarters on Crown

I simply used the packing slip as the tax invoice - very easy to edit. Added ABN and the words TAX INVOICE to the top. I also just changed TAX to read GST included.

The rules , according to my account, says that a price stated by itself is understand to be GST INCLUSIVE.

Hope this helps.

I simply used the packing slip as the tax invoice - very easy to edit. Added ABN and the words TAX INVOICE to the top. I also just changed TAX to read GST included.

The rules , according to my account, says that a price stated by itself is understand to be GST INCLUSIVE.

Hope this helps.

Could you possibly provide this information so that I and other viewers of this post know how to go about doing what you suggested? It would be great help.

Cheers

aPoLLo :blink:

Hope this helps.

Man.. why didn't i think of that... what a great idea... thanks Headquaters.. :)

Guest KGBelectronics

Hope this helps.

Man.. why didn't i think of that... what a great idea... thanks Headquaters.. :)

Sorry about the delay everyone

Something like this for the store display ??

OzGST_2.jpg

OzGST_3.jpg

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken

Hope this helps.

OzGST_2.jpg

OzGST_3.jpg

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken

Hi there Ken.

Looks great.

Could you also include some sort of Admin function to customise the Packing slip with additional details such as TAX INVOICE, BUSINESS NAME, Phone number, ABN etc?

Just a suggestion if it is possible.

Cheers

aPoLLo */*

Guest KGBelectronics

Hi there Ken.

Looks great Ken.

Could you also include some sort of Admin function to customise the Packing slip with additional details such as TAX INVOICE, BUSINESS NAME, Phone number, ABN etc?

Cheers

aPoLLo :)

Already done in Admin (though I must admit I didnt have phone number) ... also allowing the option to just display a value for the additional GST instead of separating them ABOVE the total.

@vvulture

You can determine if GST is included or not in products and/or shipping. Also messages are changeable and format (as noted above) can be altered.

All company information is required separately in Admin so the GST holder's details can be output (as required by the ATO) if they are diferent to the store details.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KGBelectronics

A note on Australian GST:

Some comments have come back regarding this and I feel that it would be beneficial to address them here.

The major question so far is along the lines of :

"The total for an order including GST says $35.00 but the GST is displayed as $3.18 and not $3.50. Isn't $3.50 10% of $35.00???"

Answer :

Yes $3.50 is 10% of $35.00 but GST is calculated on the BASE (ex GST) amount and GST is then added at the current rate of 10%.

The correct calculation for the above example is :

Base cost (ex GST) = $31.82

GST (10% of base) = $ 3.18

TOTAL (including GST) = $35.00

The mod conforms to the ATO (Australian Tax Office) rules in this regard.

7 years after getting this damn tax and we still don't fully understand it ..... aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhh!!!

If you really want your mind messed with try this link to the official Australian Taxation Office Website

http://ato.gov.au/businesses/pathway.asp?p...=60#001_003_022

Cheers,

Ken

• 1 month later...

Hope this helps.

OzGST_2.jpg

OzGST_3.jpg

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken

Hi there Ken.

Looks great.

Cheers

aPoLLo :w00t:

Excellent Ken. Let us know when you have fully tested and finalised it. Also do let us all know what the cost of this mod would be.

Cheers

aPoLLo :(

Guest KGBelectronics

Excellent Ken. Let us know when you have fully tested and finalised it. Also do let us all know what the cost of this mod would be.

Cheers

aPoLLo :dizzy:

Not permitted to give specific links here (forum rules), however if you go to http://www.cubecart.org/directory/ and search for "GST" I'm sure you'll find it.

PS Sorry Apollo, must have missed you in the notifications.

Cheers,

Ken