paypal order failed AARRGGGHHH !!!!!!

burgensteen

Hello all,

Does anybody have any answers to this dilema at all 'transaction failed' on PayPal.

Have been trying to get this working for ages now and it is set up just as the pinned post states, but alas no joy.

I have been in touch with my hosting company and they say 'I need to find any info possible from CC and take it back to them so they can try and help from there end'.

So if anybody has any ideas or info that i can take back to my host, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Burgensteen

Guest badges

Hello all,

Does anybody have any answers to this dilema at all 'transaction failed' on PayPal.

Have been trying to get this working for ages now and it is set up just as the pinned post states, but alas no joy.

I have been in touch with my hosting company and they say 'I need to find any info possible from CC and take it back to them so they can try and help from there end'.

So if anybody has any ideas or info that i can take back to my host, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Burgensteen

When you say PayPal order is failing, is it failing on the PayPal website (I'm assuming you're using IPN) or is the failure displayed when you return to your store (i.e. "order failed" message)?

If the latter, then these are the troubleshooting guidelines that PayPal Merchant Support sent to me:

As you have been advised that your IPN is not working correctly, please go through the troubleshooting tips for IPN listed below.

PayPal sends the IPN POST after each transaction is completed - PayPal sends it automatically.

1. Access Logs

If you feel IPN is not posting to your script, you can verify this by checking your server's access logs.

The server access logs will tell you if PayPal is "hitting your script" at all. An access log tracks the IP addresses and/or hostnames of computers that access the server. That you can access your server's access logs is up to the server admin.

Check with them if you do not know where the logs are.

2. Error logs

Most scripting languages output to error logs if an error occurs when running the script.

If you see in your access logs that PayPal is sending the IPN but you are not seeing the intended end result from your script, odds are you have a logic or syntax error in the script. Check your error logs to verify.

Again, if you don't know how or where to check these logs, you would need to consult your server's administrator.

3. Check your firewalls.

Instant Payment Notification is an HTTP POST initiated by PayPal. If you have a firewall on your server,

make sure it is not blocking the post from PayPal. *Should you need to open your firewall to allow IPNs into your network, please refer to the following FAQs for IP address information.

Title: IP address for Production PayPal servers

URL: https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cf...ated=1122398622

Title: IP address for Sandbox PayPal servers

URL: https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cf...ated=1140044649

4. Check Paths

An easy mistake to make. Always ensure the path to your script is correct when testing/using IPN and you see that you are not getting an IPN post.

All troubleshooting tips:

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cf...ated=1116453494

Mine was a firewall issue. It would be a good idea to send your hosts the links to the IP addresses that they need to have on their "allow" list.