CubeCart just Can`t handle large stores!

My website: Parfumerie.nl

- My host is ok, i have my own server.......

- Click on one of the categories on the top of the page, for example Dames Pafums (woman perfumes)

You see that the loading time takes reallllllllly long....

Anyone the same problems or having some information what i can change?

Some database test in phpmyadmin gave me the following:

Handler_read_prev 928 k The number of requests to read the previous row in key order. This read method is mainly used to optimize ORDER BY ... DESC.

Handler_read_rnd 3,94 G The number of requests to read a row based on a fixed position. This is high if you are doing a lot of queries that require sorting of the result. You probably have a lot of queries that require MySQL to scan whole tables or you have joins that don't use keys properly.

Slow_launch_threads 242 The number of threads that have taken more than slow_launch_time seconds to create.

Created_tmp_disk_tables 1 M The number of temporary tables on disk created automatically by the server while executing statements. If Created_tmp_disk_tables is big, you may want to increase the tmp_table_size value to cause temporary tables to be memory-based instead of disk-based.

Sort_merge_passes 14 The number of merge passes the sort algorithm has had to do. If this value is large, you should consider increasing the value of the sort_buffer_size system variable.

Opened_tables 25 k The number of tables that have been opened. If opened tables is big, your table cache value is probably too small.

Table_locks_waited 4 k The number of times that a table lock could not be acquired immediately and a wait was needed. If this is high, and you have performance problems, you should first optimize your queries, and then either split your table or tables or use replication.

Guest lamina

Hi,

I have just accessed your site - I wouldn't call it slow and I would say most pages load in less than 5 seconds which I think is fine. I am accessing your site from the UK through a 2Mb ADSL line.

If you want me to give you actual loading times etc., just let me know.

Regards

Richard

How big of a store is yours? I have over 3000 items on one of mine and friend has over 6000 with no slow downs.

Slow loading is more of a function of the hosting company and the sql connection than cubecart I've found. My former hosts were slow but when I moved the sites, I haven't had that problem again (other problems, but not slow loading lol).

Also, do you have page transitions enabled? It seems like when you go from one category to another, it is fading up. If so, I would turn that off as I have found they do slow down pages a lot.

Connection Speed Download Time (sec)

14.4K 175.68

28.8K 87.84

56K 45.17

128K ISDN 19.76

1.44MB T1 1.83

Your load times for a 28k and 56k modem are a disaster and your problem is your images. Optimize them.

js/jslibrary.js			1.44		

js/gen_validatorv2.j...	10.86		

images/klantenservic...	0.73	

images/winkelwagen.g...	0.77		

images/account.gif			0.72		

images/home1.gif			0.55		

images/parfumerielog...	11.66		

images/parfumerie_03...	3.94		

images/parfumerie_04...	3.54		

images/parfumerie_se...	4.42		

images/parfumerie_05...	2.88		

images/parfumerie_06...	4.01		

images/parfumerie_07...	4.92		

images/parfumerie_08...	3.34		

images/uitverkoop.jp...	4.40		

images/knopmail.gif		1.25		

images/uploads/thumb...	1.33		

js/htsnet.js				0.67		

images/teaser/freeze...	37.64		

images/teaser/phytot...	39.60		

images/teaser/chanel...	39.53		

images/teaser/hylexi...	29.76	

images/freeze247.jpg		13.37		

skins/htsnet/styleIm...	0.21		

images/searchSubmit....	1.34		

images/betaalmethode...	5.04		

google-analytics/urchin.js	19.04	

images/parfumerieach...	0.12		

images/parfumerie_13...	0.36		

images/bg.gif				0.04		

skins/htsnet/styleIm...	0.58		

images/parfumerie_on...	6.43

Guest Brivtech

I keep seeing Google flashing up when the page is loading - What's going on there?

Seems to load respectibly for me, even though I'm on 8MB broadband.

Hello Thank you for all your information!

- Images are a big at the beginning site but on my category page ( Category Perfume Woman there are less big images and still slow..

- If i disable page transitions it`s still very slow

- Maybe the problem is my host, i have my own server, and the connection on my other cubecart site seems to be ok? Other Perfume store :-(

I will try to contact my hosting company why it is so slow... :-(

So you guys think it will be the database connection? Or maybe the SEO MOD or CATEGORY ORDER MOD?

Thank you all for you help, i really appreciate that!!

( sorry for my bad english)

Guest EverythingWeb

What were the reasoning's for your own server, and have you tweaked the actual server itself - or is it a case that your host wanted you to move to your own server, and that was that?

What spec machine is it?

- I`ve deleted the sessions, it helps al little bit, is it in any way possible to automatically delete the sessions?

- The reason for my own server is that i don`t have to worrie about downtimes and i thought the speed :-(

- Server specs:

Space / traffic

» 2x 120GB hardeschijf RAID

» 500 GB datatraffic p/m

Server specifications

» Pentium4 3.0ghz

» 1000mb RAM

» 2xHD RAID1 (mirror)

» Fedora Linux

» 100mbit verbinding

server = 85.17.41.13

Guest EverythingWeb

Did you have much server management experience before moving to your own machine?

Often, premium shared hosting can give better loading times, as the servers are much better configured, than a 'bog-standard' dedicated server.

I suppose without you testing it on another hosts' server and comparing, you wont know wherein lies the problem.

Did you have much server management experience before moving to your own machine?

Often, premium shared hosting can give better loading times, as the servers are much better configured, than a 'bog-standard' dedicated server.

I suppose without you testing it on another hosts' server and comparing, you wont know wherein lies the problem.

Hi Everythingweb,

I`ve contacted my hosting company and upgraded my package, the speed of my site is now incredibly faster.

New server details:

Space / traffic

» 2x 160GB hardeschijf RAID

» 500 GB datatraffic p/m

Server specifications

» XEON 3.0ghz (dual core)

» 2048mb RAM

» 2x HD RAID1 (mirror)

» Fedora Linux

» 100mbit verbinding

Thank you all for the replys!

Hello Guys,

I have now a superfast server but i think cubecart acces my database really much to order my categories...

If you open a category page with over 100 different categories it`s not as fast as i want... Optimized my database and looked at my database....

Handler_read_rnd 123 M The number of requests to read a row based on a fixed position. This is high if you are doing a lot of queries that require sorting of the result. You probably have a lot of queries that require MySQL to scan whole tables or you have joins that don't use keys properly.

Handler_read_rnd_next 322 M The number of requests to read the next row in the data file. This is high if you are doing a lot of table scans. Generally this suggests that your tables are not properly indexed or that your queries are not written to take advantage of the indexes you have.

Opened_tables 4.783 The number of tables that have been opened. If opened tables is big, your table cache value is probably too small.

The mysql gives me the following information that is to high my database...

There is no way how to fix this?

Look at my site: www.parfumerie.nl and url of the categorie page = parfums dames

I know that it`s not the problem for large images or something because the rest of my page is really fast..

Thanks all for help!

CubeCart can handle a lot more than 6,000 products. I have a customer with over twice that many with no problems. He has some page loading issues, but they're unrelated to the number of products or categories. He's loading his entire category tree at once (over 500 cats) and that's slowing things way down.

I've written code to track how many requests and how much time each portion of your code takes to run. Even with over 1000 SQL queries, the page generates in 2-3 seconds. The load time is bad, but the server time is not to blame.

:)