PayPal Standard & IPN - When should stock reduce?

Can someone let me know how the PayPal Standard & IPN should work with reducing stock? :(

I've done a 1st test and went well, but the stock did not reduce automatically!

I waited over 10 mins just in case!

I've searched for a topic on this but no luck. (the forum search is pants)

I had to manually set the order from Pending to Processing before the stock would reduce!

I was expecting once I got the PayPal email confirming payment, stock should have been reduced automatically! Am I right?

Stock not reducing on successful transaction!

Can someone let me know how the PayPal Standard & IPN should work with reducing stock? :)

I've done a 1st test and went well, but the stock did not reduce automatically!

I waited over 10 mins just in case!

I've searched for a topic on this but no luck. (the forum search is pants)

I had to manually set the order from Pending to Processing before the stock would reduce!

I was expecting once I got the PayPal email confirming payment, stock should have been reduced automatically! Am I right?

Stock not reducing on successful transaction!

Stock reduction happens once order status is changed from Pending to Processing - ONCE only doesnt matter automaticaly (triggered by payment module or manually). That means you can change order status from Pending to Processing several times it doesnt matter - only FIRST change does the matter.

If products is tangible and uses Stock level, stock is decreased upon order status change to Processing (must be) (first time only).

It doesnt matter PayPal or any other gateway, if gateway has an flag to change order status to processing once payment is successful it runs THE SAME CODE => gateway used is not relevant but status change flag. PayPal Standard/IPN does update order status automatically.

A bit of explanation above LOL. If your order status is not changed to Processing NO stock level change by any expectation. PayPal email confirmation is not relevant to CubeCart it seems your PayPal IPn is disfuctional for some reason.

Thanx convict for the reply and your info on stock reduction!

Perhaps I've missed something with the Paypal IPN set-up!?

I used the info on this post: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....paypal&st=0

On a 2nd test I noticed that when Paypal says “Thank you for your payment†it shows the email address at the top I’ve created and the amount sent to that email address!

It then just stays on this page until the purchaser Clicks a link bottom left of page “Return to Merchantâ€

On doing this, it takes you back to my shop and displays:

“Sorry, your order failed!â€

“You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below:â€

That has to be the quickest way to piss someone off, they just paid after entering all their info and credit card number plus Paypal tells them all is ok! (and it is because the payment went through!)

FYI:

I'm using 3.0.14

My products are tangible

I'm running shared SSL

Stock will reduce once I manually change status from Pending to Processing.

Stock is not auto reducing using Paypal IPN!

Under Store settings - Stock Settings - Show stock level? No

Test using the Postal Order module will reduce stock once manually changed to Processing in Admin, same goes for manually changing orders paid with Paypal.

Questions about some differences in my config:

Do I have to edit the “status change flag� where do I do this?

Will Paypal IPN work with Shared SSL?

Will IPN work using a Paypal Premier Account?

Also, If there is anyone out there like myself living in the dark ages and has only one credit card, I am willing to do a bit of live testing if you are? (as Paypal will not let you use your own credit card!)

Any help or links to other posts would be most welcome?

Anyone? more feedback please?

Update:

I've turned off Shared SSL and seen some improvement/change!

Payment goes through as before but still will not Auto Return to my store.

When link at bottom right of Paypal page "Return to Merchant" is clicked, the purchaser now gets asked to login at my website!!

When they login they get Order was successful message!

Database is also updated as stock is reduced.

Possible new problem:

Admin email did not get sent from store! But will retest in case this was just a blip!

Please fellow CC'ers, I need feedback to help me resolve these stupid Paypal issues?