The CD Zone.com site

You're off to a great start. A couple of things come to mind:

1. Change your About Us text. Don't tell me why you left ebay because I'm not interested but I am interested in you and your passion for what you sell, where it comes from and why you're in business.

2. Lose the blue sub-cat icon. Replace it with ANYTHING.

3. Don't go live with empty album categories. It blows my trust in you. It says you haven't been around very long and I don't want to give you my hard earned dollars (or euros)

You're off to a great start. A couple of things come to mind:

1. Change your About Us text. Don't tell me why you left ebay because I'm not interested but I am interested in you and your passion for what you sell, where it comes from and why you're in business.

2. Lose the blue sub-cat icon. Replace it with ANYTHING.

3. Don't go live with empty album categories. It blows my trust in you. It says you haven't been around very long and I don't want to give you my hard earned dollars (or euros)

Roban is probably right, at least as regards the general public is concerned, that stating the reasons for leaving ebay, at least in the manner you have, are negative. I don't doubt they are true. But there is an affirmative, forward-looking way of saying the same thing that will have better "curb appeal."

Having said that, and asking special note be taken that I don't think those comments help you sell CDs, I for one, am asked by potential Cube Cart clients, why they should pay me to customize and host a CubeCart-based site when they can get a site on ebay?

I am sufficiently interested in that issue - and I think other CC developers would also be interested - that I'm going to start a thread in a more appropriate corner of these forums. When I do, I'll return here and edit this message by adding a link to it. IF you are so inlined, please go there and share your thoughts.

EDIT: let's continue this topic over in General Dsicussion

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=26084

As for your web site in general, it's a great job of graphic design.

However, I am not a fan of right side menu because I read from left to right. Placing the nav menu on the right annoys me and I have the impression it is there just to be different, while ignoring the inefficiency of it.

Also, my own opinion is that any banner higher than 90 pix is a waste of space and gets in the way of showing me the product. When the banner dominates every page it egts tiresome scrolling down to see the contents of the site.

But, overall, an excellent job.

• 4 weeks later...

:sourcerer: I been told my site is "look at this bad boy"!

it seems my site created some buzz when I asked my to be added to Cubecart website with the above comment made from someone in cubecart.

I have to add this is second hand information, told to me from someone else that knows someone else on cubecart.

I really do wise I could of seen the exchange of messages as this would have given me a big boost...

Hey this is a great design and i really like it! I love the funky stores out there and the designers who dare to make a different look.

The only thing that the store lacks is the shopping cart where you have to click view basket to get the total of the order. As a personal preference I like to shop knowing what the sub-total is with it on the screen all the way until I checkout.

Hope you give it some thought, and good luck with the store!